Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

Hello @Z2D2

Welcome to the Community.

Please see this post.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Chromecast icon is not showing/disappeared from my iPhone as well as TV casting!

I am having difficulties for Rocket modem to use Chromecast. Please help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sakibulhasan  have a look at the first post on this page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

You can review instructions on how to send a private message here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

1. @CommunityHelps <--------- Click this
2.On the following page, select "Send this user a Private Message"
3.In the subject line type "Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Trial"
4.Press Send

Then watch for a number overlaid on your personal icon at the upper right hand corner which will indicate a message sitting in the inbox or possibly a mention on the forum. Click on the icon, and then on the mail icon to get to your message inbox. Acknowledge the message as requested and your modem will be added to the update list.

I've Been Around

I can't connect chormcast with internet can you help me how to update bate new frimware please

I'm Here A Lot

For what it's worth, the Chromecast has also been fine for me after I bought a standalone wireless router.  I realize this is a costly option for some folks, but I wanted to contribute another data point to the thread.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers please fix this! Rollback to a working firmware!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for advice! 

I can't seem to find a section in the router's admin where I can push the firmware update.

Can't seem to locate 4.5.8.22 either.

Please help.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SlavaJ, you can't push the firmware update yourself.  That has to be done by Rogers thru the Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) which your modem is connected to.  Please see post #63, just above to request the trial version.  

If you log into your modem, the Software Version (Firmware) indicated on the STATUS page is what the modem has loaded.  That STATUS page comes up automatically when you log into the modem.  When the update  is completed, the Software Version will indicate V4.5.8.22

I Plan to Stick Around

@ItsCalldSkydome

Can you let me know how .22 works when you try it? Thanks. I'm sticking with .16 until I know for sure.
I Plan to Stick Around

@User1685180

I rolled back the firmware to .16 about a month ago and everything has been fine since with all 11 of my devices. I shouldn't have to buy a router of my own because Rogers can't get it together.