Checking buried cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Checking buried cable

Hi 

I have an appointment to dig the cable because there is an damage that is what tech told me when he install the signal.  I have an issue that i am in Town House and front Lawn is share like whatever is in our property it is ours and what ever my neighbour property is theirs. I will ask my neighbour this evening if that is ok with her if the cable run under her proeperty but if she denied is there any other soultions for it.  I know my previous owner had high speed intenet. Is there a booster that Rogers can use to boost the signal.  We had same problem with TV they used Booster.....Can someone help me with this issue.  If there is no option i have to cancell the internet but since i am in Contract it is going to be a problem.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Checking buried cable

Hopefully you are on good terms with your neighbor.  I think the crew will probably bring the cable out towards the street and then run in along the curb until it reaches your property line.  From there it might take a more direct path.  When bringing the cable along the curb, that might mean cutting into a driveway with a sawcut just wide enough and deep enough to bring the cable through, after that it is sealed with some form of liquid asphalt. 

This is a problem for any service that you might decide to use.  If the cable requires replacing, there really isn't any way around it, and amplifying a crappy signal only gives you an amplified crappy signal, which might be just about useless.  Amplifiers are really only good when the original signal is clean, without a significant amount of noise.

I suspect that if you look at your property documents, there is probably an easement which allows telephone and cable companies to run cables.  Just speculating as I haven't looked at mine for a long time now.  But, if that is the case, there isn't anything to stop that installation.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

^ DataLink is pretty much on the point.

Also just to add, don't technician gets city approval to dig? I thought cables ran through city property.
I could be wrong, I live in a detached house so my problems are never the same.

and as @Datalink said, slightly rewording, poor signal being amplified is just gonna give you an amplified poor signal. o__o"

I didn't know property documents had section to clarify service and cable lines running through. neat.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most of my houses and relitives, have had the box right on the front of the property, so generally was a straight line in.

BUT.. at my in laws.. someone down the street had to have one re-done..  and they went across the drive ways, on the road side of the sidewalk, which is part of the EASEMENT and technically town owned, not directly anyones properly.. just for these reasons, for utilities, etc..

until it reached the right house.. then up the property.

I Plan to Stick Around

How long did it took for them to do.  I have an appointment tommorow at 2:00PM -4:00PM

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All depends on how far, what they have to go through/under, etc

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the box in 3rd house from mine.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

may be the full time frame, i would guess then