Change to Email Terms of Sevice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Change to Email Terms of Sevice

Thanks Meow, I appreciate the clarification. I'm in the process of dropping any / all references to my Rogers email.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ROGERS:

-Why were were not advised of this directly through yourselves? the new TOS is addressed directly from Yahoo. They didn't even bother to make it tailored to Canada.

-the new TOS basically takes away any privacy and also permits harvesting of contact information of people we communicate with and places the burden on us to obtain their permission for this. It also raises serious concerns about private information such as on-line purchases and banking we may do with other companies/institutions.

Perhaps it is time for Rogers to use its leverage to quash this or make other arrangements for email services. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also concerned about privacy/security when it comes to logging into my bank, CRA, or emails related to business, or to my accountant, or whatever. Why should Oath, or anyone, be able to see this information, and why the heck would I trust them to keep the data secure?  And if information falls into wrong hands and gets used for fraudulent activity, I have no legal recourse?

I wonder -- what would the public say if Canada Post announced they were going to start opening our mail to mine data.  And any data on the sender??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Suggest that everyone start to communicate their concerns to privacy@rci.rogers.com

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I sent an email to Pat Foran at CTV.  Not sure what good, if any, will come from sending anything to Rogers.  I think greater public awareness is better, and not just for us Rogers customers, but for email users everywhere.  In the meantime, I am beginning the process to change email services.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good points. I am now thinking that I should delete all my Rogers email accounts, even though I only ever use them for personal ends.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I wrote to the CEO

Also the Ombudsman

ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

I sent an email to CTV and Rogers contact on this website under internet complaints.

I received a reply from the Rogers Lobbyist and was told this falls out of their jurisdiction.

Social media is a good way to spread this around. Twitter, Facebook etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly!

It is illegal to tamper with paper mail. This should stand for digital mail as well.

The content of a letter,  no matter what format it’s delivered in, needs to be protected. I own the material composed and once sent, it belongs to the recipient. No one has the right to any information enclosed. It is private!

Accessing our photos is also a concern, do we really want our children to be targets?

This is the most despicable thing Rogers has ever done. If they stuck to Outlook, dropped Yahoo and allowed us to continue to use our rogers email address, this would resolve the issue.

How tight their contract with Yahoo is, is another question. Money wins every time, unless customers leave. No clients, no business. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Done!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers likes to portray themselves as family oriented, so would it be too difficult for them to grow a pair and tell Oath/Verizon that the new terms are not acceptable to Canadian values? They should have enough clout due to their sheer size and if Oath/Verizon won't change it, maybe Rogers should hook up with another email provider that offers encrypted email, where only the sender and the receiver can see the contents.