cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the “Reply To” Address for Email Messages

leaftech
I'm here a lot

Help please! Changing name associated with email?

I will try to explain this the best way I know without the techy terms I probably should know 🙂

When I send an email from my rogers email account (rogers yahoo mail) it is my exact email that comes up as the reply to, however next to it in brackets appears my ex husbands name.  He was the account holder.  I have taken over the account a year ago.  My name is on the bills, in the app as the account holder, it's the exact same email I have used for years and years - attached to the same account for years and years) I had tried to get this changed when we were still married to no avail, and here I am still trying to get it changed.  I have called support and thought it was sorted out, but nope.

It looks very odd when I tell someone I am emailing them and they get it from some random dude. Any "settings" buttons I have clicked it is always my name that appears.  I have looked via the app, the website, and the rogers member centre.  When I open an email it says To: xxxx. xxxx@rogers.com which is correct.  However, say if a new contact replies to me I see the ex's name in brackets beside my email address.  I am lost.  Anyone? 

*Added Labels*

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Change the “Reply To” Address for Email Messages

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I'm not a rogers internet customer any more but I'm pretty sure changing the name displayed when you email someone (not the email address) is pretty simple to do, and should not be complex or complicated at all.

firstly do you use an email client like Outlook or Eurdora or Thunderbird or Apple Mail? or do you use the Rogers@Yahoo website to read / check / send your email?

the reason I ask is there is different method to change it based on what you use to access your emails.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@leaftech 

1. In Webmail, hover over your "name" near the top right of the screen.

2. Click "Account Info".

3. When the Rogers Personal Information Screen comes up - click "Account Information", then "Personal Information"

4. There you should see the name and you should be able to edit it.

5. In an e-mail client like Outlook, go to something like "Preferences, Accounts" and you should be able to see the "name" for that account. You should be able to edit it.

6. When you receive an e-mail from someone, that someone may have you listed in their contacts. If their contacts list has not been updated properly with the appropriate name, then whatever they called you may show.

leaftech
I'm here a lot

As far as the rogers website and the app as well, every area that has anything to do with my account, preferences, settings, etc. has only my name listed.  I have yet to come across my ex's name anywhere. 

If I use a browser to check email it is mail.yahoo.com.  That could be from the flinstone era.  This email I have used for 15+ years.  I have clicked on every cog, settings button, account info. etc. and there is no place his name is listed.

However, if I reply to an email to my email address, and then reply back, I can see it is my email address but his name right next to it.

A friend of mine emailed me the other day from her work account.  I replied and she sent me a text saying, "are you aware your email account name shows up as XXXX?"

Sigh.  I'm aware.

I thought so too.  However, I cannot edit it or switch it because I literally cannot find where it is listed.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
is it just that one friend who sees it or do other friends see it too?

is there someone you can test it with besides that friend?

you can tell us what email client you have and we can guide you to where the outgoing name is set. this is why I asked this question initially to you

It has happened with numerous different people.

It is Yahoo mail. I don’t know what other email client you mean. I’m starting to think it is only when I send from my phone or ipad. I’m going to check the mail settings on my phone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@leaftech wrote: I don’t know what other email client you mean. 

An e-mail "client" is software/app like Outlook or Thunderbird or Mail (on Apple devices), etc.  This is where you would make changes to your "name", etc.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation