Cgn3rog Ps4 party issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cgn3rog Ps4 party issues

i have the latest update and i have upnp enabled and what does that mean my downstream levels are low does that mean my speed is low

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not at all.  Its typical to see signal levels on the downstream slightly below or above the 0 dBmV median value.  The range is + 15 dBmV down to - 15 dBmV.  They should normally be at or very near 0 dBmV.  Mine have wandered from + 3 down to - 3 and back up again during the last year.  So, they tend to wander slightly.  That won't affect your data rate considering that the indicated signal to noise is very good. 

I have to admit that I'm stumped as to why this works for one PS4 user and not the next.  I'm still thinking that its game or game server specific.  Maybe, the node performance comes into this.  The neighborhood node is the next upstream device in the network.  If that is overloaded you would see latency issues with it.  That might just be enough to cause gaming issues.

Doing a little searching, it looks like there is some history behind the party chat issue:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Party-Chat-NAT-Type-Issues/td-p/20879899

If you log into the modem when the PS4 is up and running in a game do you see all of the ports and TCP / UDP type data set for forwarding as indicated here:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

• TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
  • UDP: 3478, 3479

Is there anything missing from that list that the UPNP isn't properly setting?

I Plan to Stick Around

so do how do i exactly find this out under portforward ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yep, with the PS4 fired up and running a game, if you login to the modem and navigate to BASIC.... PORT FORWARDING, you should be able to see the various ports that have been set by UPNP.  In fact, they are probably there already as it appears that UPNP doesn't clean up after itself.  It might be worth checking without the game running to see if they are already there.  If they are not, or some are missing, I'd check again with the game running.  A page refresh would probably be required if you left the port forwarding page up and then started the PS4 and a selected game.

I Plan to Stick Around

can i pm you a screen shot of the ports on my router
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sure.  I think you have to save the screen shots and then add the images to the pm.  The question of the day, are all of the ports open that are on the PS4 port list?  Are any ports on the list missing from the ports set in the modem?

I Plan to Stick Around

well i the loading time of the portforwarding page is taking to long Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

grrr. not surprised.  Let it sit until it decides to fill in, if it ever does.  I think its worth doing just to see what is set and what isn't.

I Plan to Stick Around

i got in but there is nothing its just empty when im on the ps4 menu and in game 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So the port forwarding list in the modem is empty?  That doesn't make any sense.  There have been comments made by others who have seen the ports set due to the fact that UPNP was finally working.  Ok, if the port forward page is empty and UPNP is enabled, the thing to do is to disable UPNP, restart the modem, create a static (DHCP reserved) IP address for the PS4, and then set the port forwarding as required.  Save the settings and restart the modem. 

Now, if you have already manually set the ports in the past this is all a moot point, especially if you used a static IP address at that point.  Been there, done that, so to speak.  If thats the case, I'll have to think about this one.....