Cannot Send Email Using Outlook 2007, Incoming Works.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot Send Email Using Outlook 2007, Incoming Works.

All of a sudden -- middle of the day, my MS Outlook stop sending email (it can receive).

My set up is werid, I have a bell email server for my incoming but since rogers is in my office, I have rogers as the outgoing.

On the rogers webmail site, under settings --> more settings --> mailboxes --> send only email address, I thought if I added my bell email, that it would work but when I try, it says that it is already added BUT it also says that there is "0 of 10 used". So not sure how my bell email is in there if it says I don't have any in use.

The Rogers rep said my IP address was blocked, so he unblocked it last night and sending still doesn't work.

I tried to authenticate by generating and App Password, but that doesn't work either.

So I am at a lost -- any other ideas? My last ditch attempt is to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook.

Help!

*** Added Labels ***

Re: Cannot Send Email Using Outlook 2007, Incoming Works.

Hello @xcell,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I use Outlook often myself so I can understand how inconvenient it is to no longer be able to send Emails via Outlook.

With your setup being an unusual one I will lean on our Resident Experts to see if they can provide any insight. I am tagging them in now @Datalink, @Gdkitty, @57, and @gp-se.

If there is anyone else in the Community experiencing a similar issue please feel free to chime in with any potential solutions you've found.

Thanks for posting your concern in the Community!

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess was going to be the app PW, however @xcell has already tried that. Perhaps the following link on setting up Outlook will help:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/update-email-settings

There may be an issue with the account outgoing server settings or the port number?

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi xcell,

I would like to try to help you but i'm confused by your original post.

I am not sure what you mean by having a bell incoming email server. What email address are you having issues with? can you clarify for us? is it a rogers email or bell email address or a third party email address?

and what is the incoming and out going mail server you have set up in your email client? can you post it here?\

without this information its difficult for anybody to help solve your issue

I've Been Here Awhile

My incoming emails are on a bell server POP3 -- pophm.sympatico.ca

My outgoing emails are on Roger's -- smtp.broadband.com and this is the one that I am having trouble with -- it won't send.

This set up has been the case for the last 10 years with no issues, but all of sudden, midday, the emails (Roger's) stop sending. I can still receive (Bell server) but I cannot send. When I send a test email, it says "The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP."

I checked with Rogers tech and they said all my Port settings are correct.

I also tried the App password thing too but that didnt make a difference.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I tried just to set up my Rogers email (incoming and out going) in MS Ooutlook 2007.

Same problem -- I can can receive emails BUT I cannot send them.

When I send a test email: "Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 450 Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

I also thought I might create a second email account and try using that but for some reason, even though I fill out everything correctly -- it says "Invalid Account"

I am thinking something is wrong with my Rogers account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi again xcell,

Is this a @Rogers.com email address you are using?

IF SO, Why are you using a bell incoming mail server for a rogers email address? that is part of the problem right there.

If you actually do have a @Rogers.com email address, part of your problem is you need to use both the Rogers incoming AND outgoing mail server, Not Bell's, even when you are checking your email from a non-rogers connection like your place of work or your cell phone.

Secondly, you can test your account by logging in to the web based email portal, not sure about the address since im not currently a customer, but someone on here can give it to you, try by logging in with your rogers.com username and email password, into the web based email portal, if it works, you know your passwords are correct and your problem is simply the incoming and outgoing server settings are incorrect and needs to be fixed aka you should not be using bell's email server to check your rogers email.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

I do have a @rogers email and I did set that up in the outlook but having the same issue -- it can receive emails but cannot send out.

I have update the App password.

The issue is sending out emails.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@xcell wrote:

Hi

I do have a @rogers email and I did set that up in the outlook but having the same issue -- it can receive emails but cannot send out.

I have update the App password.

The issue is sending out emails.

You are using the wrong server regardless if it worked in the past.  You need to use both Rogers incoming and outgoing mail servers to check your rogers email address.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@xcell wrote:

1. When I send a test email: "Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 450 Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

2. I also thought I might create a second email account and try using that but for some reason, even though I fill out everything correctly -- it says "Invalid Account"

I am thinking something is wrong with my Rogers account.

1. Shouldn't the outgoing server be 465?  (smtp.broadband.rogers.com)  (see second link in post 3 of this thread)  That's what mine's set to.

2. You may have an issue with your account. I suggest you PM the mods here who are very helpful.  Here's a link on how to PM, or simply click the @CommunityHelps link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Here's the webmail link mentioned by @Pauly which I assume you're already using to create a new account.

https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/signin

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation