Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

What else can I do, I am still getting those timeouts when pinging the router. Every 10th or 11th ping times out.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you do the same tests on a WIRED connection? and are you getting the same?

And on another wireless device.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

http://speedcheck.rogers.com/ seems to be down at the time and yes am getting same reults on other computer as well. Can it be a channel thing as Wifi annalyzer shows 3 different wifi connections on channel 6.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you indicated that you removed the splitters, is that to indicate that the modem is now connected to the cable that comes in off of the street, or that the remaining splitter is still in place with the internet RG-6 cable connected and the remaining ports left unconnected.  Just want to be sure I understand the configuration.  Your seeing an average of -6 dBmV on the downstream and 41 dBmV on the upstream which should be survivable.  Of course, it does not help at all if you had to disconnect a number of items.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its now connected to the direct cable from street as I was not using the other cable from splitter. I have changed the channel to 11 and still few connection timeouts here and there. Can it be a router issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

One more thing, 192.168.0.1 pings were not timing out on WIRED Connection.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Absolutely it could be a channel issue on wifi.  That is the problem with 2.4 Ghz wifi networks.  There are a ton of them transmitting, each one looking for a clear channel which is very difficult to find unless you live out in the country these days.  If you look at that graphical display, you might be able to determine if there is a better channel for you to be transmitting on.  The problem with that plan, is that many if not most routers run on auto mode, when it comes to channel selection, so, clear one minute, fighting with someone else the next.  If you have a 5 Ghz capable laptop, you could look at the 5 Ghz networks.  The problem with that inSSIDer version is that it does not properly display 802.11ac networks.  To see those you need to go to the paid version, which for $20 U.S., is worth it.  Looking at the channel availability in the 5 Ghz range might give you some ideas of moving up to that range.  In my neighborhood, there are about 40 routers running, split between the 2.4 and 5 Ghz range, with the vast majority in the 2.4 Ghz band.  As the channels in the 5 Ghz range do not overlap, it is much easier to find clear channels to operate with.

Your comment that a wired ping test does not time out is pretty indicative that you have wifi issues going on, due to interference from neighboring routers, and due to the performance of the modem.  Combo modem - routers do not for the most part have steller wifi performance.  Not that I am trying to get you to spend money, but, maybe the thing to do is bite the bullet and buy a good third party router and bridge the modem, so that it runs as a modem only.  That unfortunately is the typical solution that a majority of people here find, myself included.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks man, will check that.

I am getting something Critical in Logs and many many entries, 

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=60:2a:d0:7b:11:b9;CMTS-MAC=68:ef:bd:86:3e:c5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Whats this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Modem and the Cable Modem Termination System communicate back and forth on a regular basis to adjust transmit timing and frequencies.  I believe that the modem initiates the request, which requires a response within a set time period, which I have forgotten.   If the response from the CMTS is not received with the allocated time, the modem basically raises a flag, resets and carries on, issuing another request shortly thereafter.  The fact that you have cable issues and you are seeing these is not surprising.  Even under normal operating levels, you will still see occasional alerts come up.  It will depend to some degree on how busy the CMTS is at the moment that the request arrives.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Make sure you type http://192.168.0.1 in your browwser, too.

For come reason, I have the same problem accessing the modem interface unless I include the http:// prefix in the browser URL line. But I have no problem with it.