Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Currently I'm trying to connect to my Cisco DPC3825 but whenever I put in 192.168.0.1 it doesn't work. (I have used 2.1 and 1.1 as well, but my cmd tells me my default gateway is indeed 192.168.0.1, I have also pinged my wireless connection and it has no issues). I did connect to the page one time just to see if it worked properly when I had just switched to Rogers but thats the only time it ever worked now everytime I put 192.168.0.1 in my adress bar it loads for like 5 minutes then it says " The Webpage Is Not Available" I use Chrome and I have tried to do this on Firefox and IE as well neither have worked for me... So please help me

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Easiest thing to do in this case is to reset the modem by pressing the reset to default button on the back of the 3825 for 10 seconds or more and releasing it.  Only bad part is having to reset all of your previously set parameters.

At that point, accessing the login page at 192.168.0.1 shouldn't be a problem with the following credentials:

Username: cusadmin

Password:  password

I Plan to Stick Around

I am sometimes not able to connect to router but when I ping 192.168.0.1 request times out for about 10% of the time.

I did speedcheck and here are the results, you can see how download speed is being interrupted.

http://s27.postimg.org/rfxd0gpyr/Router.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What model of modem do you have and how are you connecting to it, wired, or wireless?

I Plan to Stick Around

Its wireless and router is cisco dpc3825

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like you might have more than one issue going on.  You might have a cable signal issue combined with wireless connection issues. Its hard to tell without a clear delineation between the two. With that in mind, are you able to run a wired speedtest to see what the results are, and post the results from that?

Next, can you log into the modem and navigate to the STATUS….DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into this thread. Those include the cable signal levels and signal to noise ratios. Having a quick look at them will determine if there is a cable problem.  Don't worry if they look ugly due to formatting when they are pasted in, I'll clean them up to have a look at them.

For the wireless, the only way to determine what might be going on is to load a wifi monitoring program such as inSSIDer. If you load this on a wireless laptop, that application will allow you to see where your network sits among all of the other routers nearby. When the columns are sorted by received power, by selecting the top column titles, you should see your network sitting at the top of the network listings. If it’s not, or if there is only maybe 10 dBm difference or less, between your network and the next one down the list, you will have potential receive problems with your wifi. There is also the issue of overlapping channels which you can see on the graphical display. If there is another router running nearby, overlapping your router channel with power levels that are close to yours, that will also present problems. If this is clear as mud and you need help sorting out what the application is telling you, post a screenshot somewhere if you can so that I can have a look at it and let you know what might help, if anything.   Here’s the link to the last freebie version of the program which can display 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks, including a,b,g and n. Note that it can’t properly show 802.11 ac networks which run in the 5 Ghz region. A newer version is out which does that, and it is now a pay version:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

I Plan to Stick Around

Heres that table.

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio: Channel 1: -10.0 dBmV 36.0 dB Channel 2: -10.4 dBmV 36.2 dB Channel 3: -10.2 dBmV 36.2 dB Channel 4: -10.7 dBmV 35.9 dB Channel 5: -10.7 dBmV 35.6 dB Channel 6: -9.6 dBmV 36.0 dB Channel 7: -10.0 dBmV 35.4 dB Channel 8: -9.9 dBmV 35.3 dB

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That could be a big chunk of your issue.

A proper signal, should be as close to ZERO as possible.. with a +/- variance of 10.

With you at -10+ you are VERY low signal.. and could be actually droping out.

You need to get a tech out, to sort out the singal.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like you have cable or connector problems. The downstream signal levels should be at 0 dBmV ideally.  Yours are all down around - 10 dBmV.  It would be good to see the upstream levels as well.  You should see three upstream channels with signal levels in the 36 to 40 dBmV range.  If you have less than three upstream channels, you do indeed have problems.  So, at this point you need to call tech support with the aim of having a tech come out to inspect the cable and connectors.  Tell the CSR that your downloads are slow and that your downstream signal levels are at -10dBmV.  That should get their attention. 

Edit:  lol....what Gdkitty said....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok I removed th splitters and here in the signal strength now for Down.

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio: Channel 1: -5.9 dBmV 37.5 dB Channel 2: -5.9 dBmV 37.2 dB Channel 3: -5.6 dBmV 37.1 dB Channel 4: -6.5 dBmV 36.9 dB Channel 5: -6.3 dBmV 36.8 dB Channel 6: -5.4 dBmV 37.0 dB Channel 7: -5.6 dBmV 36.2 dB Channel 8: -5.6 dBmV 36.2 dB

Here is Up:

Power Level: Channel 1: 38.7 dBmV Channel 2: 43.7 dBmV Channel 3: 41.4 dBmV Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV