Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Can you tell me what specific model of Linksys router you have and the connection path to the Rogers 3825.  I know that the 3825 will actually run at 150 Mb/s, but Rogers won't allow that speed on that device.  If you wanted to check the signal levels, you will have to kick the 3825 back into gateway mode, and return to Bridge mode if that is what you wanted to do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Where roughly are you located.. sometimes the SERVER you choose, can make a BIG difference.. speically with routing.

EG: Rogers routing, in Waterloo, goes straight to TORONTO.. so if you were to speed test a waterloo location, it actually goes from waterloo, to toronto, then back to waterloo 😛  Which would slow down the speeds.

Give the ROGERS one a try.
http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

THis will check the speed, without it leaving the rogers network.  Is this a good indecator of what speeds you'll get on other sites? No.
But it will at least check the POTENTIAL of the line... that at least OUT of your house, you are getting the apropriate speed.

Being on the 30/5 package, and the cisco router.. you shouldnt really have to worry about the router being a bottleneck, if it isnt gigabite ports, etc.

Give the tests a try on wired... in the bridged setup, and through the linksys router.

Worth a try, to RESET the gateway, back to gateway mode, and plug directly into there, and try again.
JUST to see if the router, is being the bottleneck at all.

I am running the 30/5 at home, and get the speeds no issue.
Mind you, i am paying for the CGN3 modem (different modem)

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried the Rogers speedtest, 35 down and 5.5 up.  Is this more accurate than other test web sites?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily more accurate, but on their speed test it only goes through a few hops, but generally stays within Rogers.
This shows, by your results, that the signal out of your house is fine, and able to get/support the right speed.

When you start doing a speed test to anywhere else, it can hop between carriers networks, and take any sort of path, which can all add up to slow downs in total overall speed.
(A good example of this is say take a close one and it's at whatever speed. Now take one that is far far away. It will be even slower, as there is more hops to get there.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

RE: Cannot Access 192.168.0.1

Hello, I can see what IP address Rogers has assigned to my router but I am unable to access the router outside my network VIA the internet using that IP address to get to the login page. Is there a setting I need to change? Where is this Enable Remote access option? is it disabled by default and would that be the only thing I need to change to allow me to log into it from outside my home? Thx

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure if all models have the feature but I believe that is all you need to do.

All that will allow you to do it change the settings while not in the house. It doesn't act like a VPN or anything.

Truthfully turning it on, is a potential security risk.

I've Been Here Awhile

I need to be able to access the ip of one of my PC's on my lan from outside.

if I don't turn that remote option on do I only need to turn on port forrarding in the router and direct a port number to a specific local ip address?

how do I then connect to that PC? http://routerip : portnumber ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What do you need to connect to on that pc? That will depend on what you will do.

But yes you only would need to set up port forward.
For a web server, you would likely need to forward port 80. Then you would just type in http://routerip

If it was a web server on an alternate port say 8080 you would need to enter the :8080 as well.

If it's something like an rdp connection, and you are using the default port, all you should need to do is enter the router ip, no http, or port number.

I've Been Around

I used to be able to access my router by going to File Explorer and then Network, but now it doesn't show up, only the other devices (e.g. printer, other computers that are online, etc.)  How can I access the router so I can change some of the settings (I need to add another device access to the network)?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder if the router address isn't being properly used for some strange reason.  Try this.  Open a command prompt and type in:

ipconfig

When the data comes up look for the Default Gateway address.  Type that address into the address bar in your web browser, and it should take you to the login page for the modem.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 10 in conversation