cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we replace our Rogers modem with an Amazon Eero?

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Amazon is saying that all Canadian ISPs are compatible with using an Eero in place of the ISP modem.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Any drawbacks?

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207926293-Can-I-use-eero-with-my-current-ISP-

Thx in advance!

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can we replace our Rogers modem with an Amazon Eero?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lyphe416 wrote:

Amazon is saying that all Canadian ISPs are compatible with using an Eero in place of the ISP modem.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Any drawbacks?

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207926293-Can-I-use-eero-with-my-current-ISP-

Thx in advance!

From your other posts here, it looks like you are an Ignite TV customer and I presume that you have a DOCSIS/cable Internet service.

From a technical perspective, Ignite TV should run fine over the eero Wi-Fi mesh.  Rogers even used to install eero mesh networks for Ignite TV customers before they switched to Ignite Pods.  You probably also will not run into any issues with Rogers tech support provided that you use run your eero WiFi mesh in Bridge Mode and you use the Ignite gateway as your router.  However, Rogers has never supported enabling Bridge Mode on the Ignite gateway and using the router functionality of the eero mesh with Ignite TV.

Officially, Rogers only supports running Ignite TV over the network gear that they provide to you.  There is always the possibility that 3rd-party, customer-provided network gear could cause problems, and Rogers tech support can only troubleshoot hardware that they have been trained on and in configurations that Rogers has tested.  If you require tech support and are using non-standard equipment, Rogers may (and probably will) ask you to revert back to their standard, officially-supported configuration, and will require you to stay in that configuration until the problems are resolved.

Re: Can we replace our Rogers modem with an Amazon Eero?

RogersTony

Hello, @Lyphe416

Thanks so much for your post in the Community.

We'd like to add further clarification to your inquiry. You cannot use the Eero system to replace your internet modem. You would need to use a Rogers modem that is provisioned on our network in order to connect online. 

The Eero system can be used as a router/mesh network as @-G- has mentioned above but this setup is not supported by technical support.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation