cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play Call of Duty on Gateway

CoDPlayer
I've been here awhile

I recently got the Gateway (Gen2) router and am unable to connect to xbox live when I try to play Call of Duty or World of Tanks.  I've assigned a static IP to my Xbox One and setup Port Forwarding for the appropriate ports.  I cleared the cache on my Xbox and did a factory reset of the router.  Still nothing.

Has anyone had this issue?  Any ideas I haven't tried?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't play Call of Duty on Gateway

CoDPlayer
I've been here awhile
I finally figured it out. Then primary and secondary DNS on the Xbox were the old router’s IPs. Changed it to the new ones and everything works great now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CoDPlayer are you running any parental controls on your modem?  That might be the cause of the issue.

Fwiw, and unless this has changed recently, with an xbox, you can't tell which path an xbox will use to communicate with the server network.  It could be IPV6, IPV4 or Toredo, if the Toredo network is still up and running.  I think that every time you start a game, the xbox will determine which path it wants to use, which makes troubleshooting very difficult.  

Are you able to tell, from the Xbox user interface, if it has both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was recently trying to help my sons friend try with his xbox to connect to our hosted minecraft server from his xbox one... and appears the problem was it was trying to connect via IPv6.
Which there is no way to disable ON the xbox one... which is stupid.
As one doesnt necessarily want to turn it off GLOBABLY on the modem/router for all devices

CoDPlayer
I've been here awhile
I finally figured it out. Then primary and secondary DNS on the Xbox were the old router’s IPs. Changed it to the new ones and everything works great now.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation