Can't log in to CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can't log in to CGN3

For some reason the image link doesn't work.  If you look at the back of the modem you will see a product

sticker which will read, CGN3, CGN3ACR, or CGN3ACSMR, if you have one of the Hitron CGN3 series modems.

If the log in page won't behave as it should, unplug the modem from the power supply for a few seconds and then plug it back in to force a modem restart.  That should solve the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Cannot log in to Rogers CGN3 after Factory Reset

Previously, my CGN3 was running in bridge mode and connected to my Asus RT-AC52U. I recently bought a new router, and as a result want to factory reset my modem to set everything up again.

However, even after pressing and holding the reset button for 30 seconds and having the modem reboot, I cannot access the login page at 192.168.0.1 and receive a page loading error.

I am currently setting it up via an ethernet cable hooked up between my desktop and the CGN3 LAN port 1, and my router is completely disconnected.

There is reason to believe that even after factory resetting it, it is still running in bridge mode. The "Rogers Easy Connect" network hasn't shown up, and I'm still able to access the internet directly through my modem.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Reboot the desktop.  After the reboot, if you run an ipconfig/all command at a command prompt you should see that the Default Gateway Address is 192.168.0.1 and that the pc has an address in the range of 192.168.0.2 to 192.68.0.199.  Those two pieces of info will confirm that the pc has picked up a new IP address from the modem. 

You could just bring up a web browser after the reboot, and if you enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, it should display the setup page. 

In theory, this should all be plug and play.  The pc should automatically pick up a new IP address from the modem after you reset the modem, but, sometimes you have to force it by running the following sequence:

ipconfig/release

ipconfig/flushdns

ipconfig/renew

or.... reboot the pc, which should have the same effect. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Powered off my desktop, turned off the power supply and flushed it, then power on again.
At the same time I used the manual factory reset method on the CGN3.

After both were done rebooting, I ran the ipconfig/all command only to see that my default gateway was the same as my external IP.

Tried the 3 ipconfig/release, /flushdns, /renew combo and then ran the ipconfig/all command again. Default gateway was still my external IP.

Just for the sake of it, I tried navigating to the 192.168.0.1 address in first chrome, then Internet Explorer. Still the same page loading error.

I'm still able to access the internet through the ethernet connection to my desktop, which makes me think that the modem is stuck in bridge mode

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, just to be sure here, you're depressing the recessed reset button at the back of the modem, correct?  It sits between the LAN ports and the top USB ports at the back of the modem.  Stupid question, but ...... just want to be sure.  You would need a pin or pen tip, something relatively sharp to repress the reset button.  The other "button" would be the WPS button at the front of the modem.  

Here's a link to the CGN3 user manual

https://www.midco.com/contentassets/87322b7ed6b04cabb102fe22607bc4d1/hitron-modem-user-guide-cgn3-re...

Page 16 shows the reset button location.  

The other way to accomplish this if the reset button doesn't want to work for some reason is to call tech support and ask the CSR to initiate the Factory Reset.  After that is complete, you should see the setup page come up on the web browser.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Tiny depressed button within a pinhole that would accept a pin/pen tip, that when pressed down has a small tactile click?
The same tiny depressed button that has the word reset on right below it when the CGN3 is in an upright vertical position?
The same tiny depressed button that is slightly nearer to the left side than the right side of the rear I/O of the CGN3 when viewed from behind?

If the reset button fits most or all of these descriptions, then I believe I am pressing the correct button.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, sounds like the right reset button.  Strange that it doesn't appear to work.  I would try tech support next, and if for some reason you still have problems resetting the modem, I wouldn't hesitate to swap it at the nearest Rogers Store. Hopefully Tech Support can save you a trip.

I've Been Around

I believe this is the page you're looking for

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/home-networking/275

The default login password is apparently replaced with your wifi password after you've set that. Which is immediately after you connect to it with wifi and setup the router for use.

I've Been Around

Trouble logging into Hitron Modem Settings

I'm trying to log into my Hitron Modem settings for the second time, but i can't seem to log in. I tried cusadmin and my current wifi password and cusadmin with password, and both ar'nt working for me.

Btw Im using a Hitron CGN3AMR as my modem 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Justacustomer

@Justacustomer wrote:

I'm trying to log into my Hitron Modem settings for the second time, but i can't seem to log in. I tried cusadmin and my current wifi password and cusadmin with password, and both ar'nt working for me.

Btw Im using a Hitron CGN3AMR as my modem 

You can call Rogers tech support and ask them to change the password, or reset the password.