Can't log in to CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can't log in to CGN3

Is this a modem that you have just installed or have you been using it for a while?  Either way, if you can't access the modem, the quickest and only method to guarantee access is to run a Factory reset.  Depress the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 10 seconds and release.  The modem will run a factory reset and reboot.  When that is done you will see the two wifi LEDs at the bottom of the front LED display go active, indicating that the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi networks are active with default settings.  Open a web browser and enter 192.18.0.1 as the address, which will take you to the login page.  cusadmin / password should work to gain entry to the modem. 

1  First thing to do is change the modem password located in the Admin...Management Screen

2. Second thing to do is turn off both wifi networks as they are using the default network names and passphrases, or, change them so that they don't use the default names and passphrases.

3.  complete the other settings as required

4.  Create a backup file and store it on your pc so that if you ever have to factory reset the modem, you can simply restore the settings and be back in business within a couple of minutes of starting the reset.  Go to the Admin.....Backup tab and create a backup file.  If you ever need it, following a reset, return to that page and run the restore.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been using the modem for a while now. If I factory reset the modem, will the passwords for the networks have to be set up again?

I'm an Advisor

@cosmopath wrote:

I've been using the modem for a while now. If I factory reset the modem, will the passwords for the networks have to be set up again?

Yes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Is this the only way to access the CGN3? If I can avoid setting everything up over again I'd like to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes it is.  If you have been using this modem for a while, you should not be using the default password.  That makes me think that someone else has logged into the modem and changed the password without your knowledge, locking you out of controlling the modem.  The best thing that you can do is run a factory reset to regain control of the modem.  Once that is done, ensure that you change the modem password, the default wifi network name and default wifi network passphrase.  You will have to reset all of your other parameters, but as I indicated above, setting up a backup file will allow you to do this again in the future and be back up and running in the space of a couple of minutes, without the pain of having to reset everything.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correction to message #2 above:

The following line should have read as follows to correct the login LAN IP address:

Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 as the address, which will take you to the login page.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I can't set up a backup now and use it when I reset?

I'm an Advisor

@cosmopath wrote:

So I can't set up a backup now and use it when I reset?

Not if you don't have the password to log into it now... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you haven't done a reset yet, try calling tech support and see if they can set a temporary password for you.  If so, you can log in, change the password to something that you want to use and run the backup as well.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I can't seem to access the settings website for my CGN3 router/modem/gateway

i type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and it just says it can't connect to server.

Now I know that your supposed to plug your device into the router with an Ethernet

cable to access it but when I first got it I managed to access it with just my iPad without a cable and change all the settings and stuff. Is there a fix for this as I really need to

forward some ports.

EDIT: this is the CGN3 right? https://imgur.com/a/tasbH 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 in conversation