Can't get my new smart tv to connect to my wifi network.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Can't get my new smart tv to connect to my wifi network.

I recently purchased a LG TV at FutureShop and it arrived today. I've been trying to log into my wireless network all afternoon with no luck at all. I can only log in to my wifi network as a guest, which apparently doesn't let me use the internet on the tv. I have no problem connecting to my wifi network with my iPhone.

My Router is a Cisco DPC3825, my LG TV is a 50LA6900.

How do I properly set-up my Smart TV with my Wifi Network? I'm afraid I don't know much about networks and would appreciate any additional detailed information anyone could provide. I took a quick look at that website for the "cusadmin" and got confused with a lot of stuff in there.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can't get my new smart tv to connect to my wifi network.

Do you have the wifi set up already? Are you currently connecting any devices to the wifi?

If not it will have to be set up.. which is via the cusadmin login. 

If you can let us know, we can help get you in to do that first, and go from there.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, my wifi is currently setup with the basic/default values (except for my own network name and password). I used the USB setup program.

Currently, I have my pc plugged via cable and my iPhone uses my wifi and that's it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, if your phone is on it wireless.. you shoud have your wireless network name, and the password/key for it.

With the TV, you will have to go into the setup, into the network settings.
In here, there shoudl be a way for it to SCAN for available wireless networks.
Find what yours is, and enter your key, when prompted... that should be all you have to do for it.

(i have a 2 year old LG smart TV, and thats all i had to do)

I'm Here A Lot

Yah, I did all that. But the tv says connection failed all the time. The only way I can actually "connect" is by using the guest account, but that doesn't seem to actually let me use any of the features (media sharing, Internet, etc...)

What I can't figure out is why I can't log in to the non guest account when my iPhone can... Smiley Sad
I'm a Senior Contributor

Not a SMART TV owner. Is there a requirement or screen/tab for YOU to log into the TV settings as "Administrator"  to enable you to access/setup WiFi and media sharing etc?

Best of luck...........Thanks

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Can't get my new smart TV to connect to my wifi network.

I was able to figure it out. I would first like to thank and for their assistance in this endeavor.

I had told my iPhone to disconnect from my home network, and not "forget" my home network. Once this was done, I had no problems at all connecting my Smart TV to my home network, and then connect my iPhone to my home network afterwards.

I'm assuming that all devices need to be disconected prior to attempting to connect the smart tv as it needs to be in the first perverbial slot of the network (or second if you count the actual computer).

So 1st disconnect your other devices before attempting to connect a Smart TV.  Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can't get my new smart TV to connect to my wifi network.

Shouldnt HAVE to be.. but some devices, might be pickeir than others.. and it was trying to grab the address that your phone was using, etc.

MAY have to do that sort of thing again, if there is a power outage, and things are reset, etc.

THis is why, personally, i prefer to set STATIC addresses for my devices... but thats a whole other ballgame in setting up Smiley Tongue

Glad you got it working.

I've Been Here Awhile

Try this site...from LG directy.  Very simple to setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRfv4tI8gfI

I've Been Around

I have looked for a setup scan and i just dont see anything about wifi connection. If u know something i dont please i'm all ears. I have this thing called ruku. Is that something i need? I have a smart tv. I also have free wifi. I was told by a employee at best buy that i"m wasteing my money if I buy that. So what do you think?