cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't detect my WiFi router (Hitron CGN2)

Rainwalker
I plan to stick around

Hi there,

My phone and laptop cannot "see" my router. They both can see other connections in the building.

I've gone into the settings, checked to see if the primary SSID was hidden.

I know the settings on the router are set to factory settings (other than the password)

Beyond that, I'm in over my head.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can't detect my WiFi router (Hitron CGN2)

RogersMaude

Hello there @Rainwalker,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting to your home Wi-Fi on your CGN2 modem. I also rely on the home internet and can understand where you're coming from.

Just a question, could it be possible for you to have performed a factory reset the internet modem to default settings? If that is the case I'd recommend setting up the WiFi using Easy Connect to reconfigure your WiFi. To set up the WiFi using the Rogers Easy Connect. Please click here.

If the issue persists, let us know. Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Rainwalker
I plan to stick around

I've performed a factory reset. I logged into 192.xx.xx.xx and changed my password.

My internet works fine, it automatically kicks in, I do not need to run or setup anything.

But detecting my wifi is not fine.

Is there something I should be doing? Is there setting hiding the router?

Thank you for your reply! 

Could you check if there a button on the side of your modem? This would be only associated with enabling the Wi-Fi connection and that button can either be pushed in or out.

Since the Ethernet connection successfully works I'm thinking it would have to have been inadvertadly deactivated.

Let us know if the issue persists!

RogersMaude

Rainwalker
I plan to stick around

It's a pretty basic unit, on/off, WPS button, reset and USB port.

I have a feeling the wireless adapter is either busted or defunct inside the box.

When I try to look at it in Device manager (windows 10) it's not even listed! (or hidden).

Shame, really - I got some good mileage out this one, I leased-to-own it from Rogers, many years ago.

Do you know if Rogers still does that? Looks like I'm in the market for a new one. 😉

Hello, @Rainwalker.

I appreciate trying the factory reset; once you logged into the modem, have you set up the WiFi network? And what is the status of the first light from the left side?

The modems are not rent to own; maybe you are getting confused with a PVR. We used to offer rent to own for PVRs. 

If the first light from the left is not lit, then it's possible, as you guessed, the wireless portion of the gateway modem is not operational. 

We can look into it and advise you on the solution. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Rainwalker
I plan to stick around

Whoops, you're right, I was confusing the modem with the PVR. 😅

The very far left light is lit up. (icon looks like a radio tower emitting a signal)

I'll give CommunityHelps a try.

My thanks to you and Maude for replying.

Regards,

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation