Can't connect to www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee dorrdon
Rogers Employee

Can't connect to www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca

This is weird, and has only been happening for a few months.

I think it has only started happening since Shoppers introduced the ability to "load" offers to shoppers optimum card.

Everytime I try to navigate to shoppers drug mart website, it times out.

Doesn't matter which browser I'm using, or which DNS, (I've tried google, rogers and OpenDNS.)

But I can't connect to Shoppers from home UNLESS I'm connected to my employer's VPN. (Smoething I only want to do for work purposes.)

BTW: I've got my Rogers modem in "Bridge" mode, and am using a D-Link router.

Anybody got any suggestions?

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Can't connect to www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca

Hello @dorrdon

*points at D-link router*
I think you might have an issue there.
I use to have a D-Link and had similar issues. Something to do with a routing of the modem, one of my favourite sites I couldn't load. Turned out it was my router after few months.

Not saying that IT IS the router, but I would start there.
Suggestion only.

@Gdkitty and @Datalink are experts here who are amazing in networking, and might be able to assist you further. 🙂
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry was away for the weekend.

My FIRST thought would be DNS based, but you have ruled that out..

It does get to the page on my rogers connection.. but i dont have anything logged in, etc.

Is there any other device in the house.. another computer, phone, tablet, etc.. can it get to the site?
Just to see if its the MODEM or just something on that PC?

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem!  I can connect to any other website, except the shoppers drug mart website. I have a standard hardware and configuration provided by Rogers. I am seeing the same behaviour from all computers and devices in the house. Any other ideas?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

No issues here. Connect anytime. Ignite 100, rocket modem ac.

Rogers Employee dorrdon
Rogers Employee

Thanks, I will try with a different computer tonight when I get home.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

What area are you in? Would be helpful to state as issues may be localized to your gateway/hub. Mine is TO, never had issues.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

I wanted to join the party so i tested this as well.
I get zero problems. I'm in Mississauga, / Ignite 250u / Adv Wifi (CGN3).
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dorrdon in a worst case situation, run a factory reset on the router and reset everything from scratch.  In the case of running just a modem, I would reset the modem and reset everything.  Only other thing I can think of is to check the windows Host file and see if for any reason the shoppers address has an IP address assigned to it, which it shouldn't have.  If there is an entry in the file for Shoppers, delete it and reboot the pc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in the Brampton area.  I'm using a Rogers provided Cisco DPC3825 Docsis 3.0 Gateway modem.  Still the only site that I can't access from all devices in my home ( 3 computers and 2 smart phones using this connection)