Can't access my PC's webserver at 192.168.x.y after upgrading to CGN3AMR modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't access my PC's webserver at 192.168.x.y after upgrading to CGN3AMR modem

As a software developer I often run a simple web server from my PC (let's say it is at 192.168.0.32) and then I access it from devices (another PC, tablet, smartphone) within my home network on the exact same wireless SSID, let's call it "Series of Tubes".

I've done this without any issues for the better part of the last 10 years, however recently after upgrading to the newest CGN3AMR modem (the white one that looks like a spaceship on the launch pad) I can no longer access my PC from any device on my wifi network.

In some scenarios, a wifi modem/router/access point can be setup to enable AP/"Client Isolation" so that the individual devices can talk to the Internet, but not to each other.  It almost seems like this feature has been turned on accidentally, however there does not appear to be any such option in the administration tools on the modem at 192.168.0.1.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I certainly can't continue to use this Rogers modem if this is not fixable.

Cheers,

Steve

*edited labels*

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't access my PC's webserver at 192.168.x.y after upgrading to CGN3AMR modem

Hello @steve_web,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums.

I can certainly understand the feeling of not being able to access your home network. 

I'm wondering if one of our Resident Experts are able to help? @Datalink @VivienM

Anyone else in the Community experiencing similar issues?

RogersRoland

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Can't access my PC's webserver at 192.168.x.y after upgrading to CGN3AMR modem

Just out of curiosity, why can't someone from rogers help the OP?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because, at least on here, none of them are TECH SUPPORT per say.. and dont have a technical background.. 
Most of their ability are within account support.. can make changes, etc there.

Onto the problem.

While i dont have the ACSMR model, i only have the regular CGN3, there should be no issues accessing the internal webserver via the IP.  
I do it on my home server all the time.

My guess, if you just got the ACSMR, your on one of the inbetween firmwares.. which does have some bugs.
One of them is after a little bit of not being able to access the modems webserver for changing settings.
There is a new BETA firmware, which you can have loaded which fixes a bunch of issues.
Private Message @CommunityHelps and they can get it pushed out to you.

(and just to make sure, your trying to access the web server internally via http://192.168.0.32, not via whatever your external IP address is?)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe that it is by design. Wireless Network Architecturedocument in User Guide states

"The wireless clients connect to the access point in order to receive a wireless
connection to the WAN and the wired LAN."

solution 1: Connect web server to a LAN port of CGN3AMR

solution 2: Put CGN3AMR in bridge mode and get a router upgrade.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I recently upgraded my rogers internet plan and it came with cgn3amr which is an upgrade to my current modem. Problem is, after I connect to the modem to set it up, I tried to get into the router configuration by entering 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.101.1 (the default gateway). However, none of these responded and now i am stuck here using my data. I am sure that I've setup everything correctly hardware wise and even tried it on my laptop which also didn't work. I also already switched out the modem for a new one from rogers nad that one still doesn't work. What did I do worng?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Restart the modem, as in pull the power and plug it back in.  At the same time, reboot the pc.  I'm assuming that the pc is connected via ethernet.  After the pc reboot is done, you should be able to bring up the modem's login page using 192.168.0.1, or, 192.168.100.1.  The credentials are as follows:

username:  cusadmin

password:  as you have set.  If the password has not been set, I think the default is password.  The newer firmware versions for the CGN3ACSMR, which can be loaded on your modem, force the user to set up a password as the modem fires up for the first time.   

In a worst case scenario, you can run a factory reset by holding in the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and releasing it.  The modem will reset all of its parameters and reboot into its normal Gateway mode.  Once again, you should be able to use 168.192.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 to access the login page.  

If you bring up a command prompt and run an ipconfig command, the Default Gateway should be 192.168.0.1.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am sorry that i did not clarify, I am on wireless and i already factory reset it a few times. It worked only the first time i go into 192.168.0.1 and then it would not load if i try to go into it without factory resetting it again. Also, when I am in the setup it would just randomly free and do nothing when i click on a button.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to connect via ethernet to the modem to complete the setup.  You indicated that you are able to connect via wifi, so I'm assuming that you able to do to so via the Network Id and Passphrase as indicated at the back of the modem.  I've never used the CGN3AMR version, but, the original CGN3 was slow in terms of the user interface.  You had to wait for the display to indicate that some function you were trying to use had finished.  I wonder if thats the case with this modem, in that once you select the save function, you have to wait for it to finish.  If you try to move on from there too soon, the modem can't keep up??  Just pointing out what the CGN3 used to be like and wondering if the same issue applies here?  I haven't seen any comments on the forum to suggest that the CGN3AMR's user display is slow, so, just wondering at this point. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Callmepoxam8 - your issue not same as OP; should have posted a separate question, but for you:

^ What datalink said ^

Are you waiting long enough?

I am not familiar with that unit, but I have worked with some routers which take 3-5 minutes to become available again via web interface - mostly due to what are later found to be buggy software versions.

Check the result of ipconfig /all when you are able to connect to it then again when you are unable to connect. If your gateway and IP have not changed, then it's probably the unit just taking its time, unness it has changed itself to using another subnet. Are there lights on the unit? What do they indicate when you can vs can not reach its webpage ?