cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

sann28
I've Been Here Awhile

Just switched over to Rogers internet at home yesterday and now I cannot download any pictures or videos through wifi on WhatsApp

*Edited Title & Labels*

135 REPLIES 135

Re: Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

Mohamad_Zain
I've Been Around
Hi, even I am facing the same since issue since couple of weeks now. Is there any solution to this?

Did you find a solution already?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AndreyF wrote:
Did you find a solution already?

Are you asking me??  I need IPv6 so I can't implement any workarounds.  I currently have "bridge mode" enabled on my XB6 gateway and am using a router running OpenWrt; a totally unsupported configuration (from a Rogers perspective) for Ignite TV.  Most of the time, things work fine for me.  When I notice problems changing channels on Ignite TV or network connections falling back to IPv4, I reset the IPv6 WAN connection on my router and things go back to normal again.  It's a 10-second fix that I don't need to do very often.  (Sometimes I may also need to disconnect a device from the network and reconnect.)

@test1234d  - Thanks, this was pretty useful. In my case, I have a S10+ so I'm able to change the DNS server directly via the connection settings. You can follow this guide to find the setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FR0BBd7E9M and set the hostname to dns.google

Hello RogerMoin,

Can we mark this as resolved?