Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

Just switched over to Rogers internet at home yesterday and now I cannot download any pictures or videos through wifi on WhatsApp

*Edited Title & Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

Hello, Community. 

We have received the good news that the WhatsApp pics/vids download issue has been fixed. Would you all please give it a try and confirm?

You may have to reboot the modem and or your phone. 

Thank you all for your patience!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @sann28.

Welcome to Rogers and our Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; it can be quite disrupting not able to see images and videos in WhatsApp. Is it happening on more than one device?

What's the model of your modem? It listed on the product sticker either at the back or at the bottom. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution already?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue its mostly on the smart phone devices. As soon as I switch over to LTE I am able to download the video or picture on WhatsApp. I have Roger's internet and at my parents house I am having the same issue and they have rogers as well as an ISP.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I also have this problem.  Multiple devices, only on WhatsApp, can't download pics or videos.  They download on data, or on wifi at work, but not at home.  Just had Ignite installed last month, and it worked at first but stopped being able to download in the last 2 weeks or so.

Highlighted

Hello, @orcaja, @Zohaib2 & @mandi40.

Welcome you all to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you all for joining this discussion, we'd love to investigate the oddity of not able to download pics/videos while connected to the home WiFi network in WhatsApp. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone with this issue, I *believe* I have found a fix for the time being.
If you login to the modems page with your computer(10.0.0.1), default login is admin, password
Go to firewall and IPV6, change it to custom and the offending setting is ICMP(The default setting blocks this, which messes with whatsapp from what I can tell), make sure that is unchecked. For security, block HTTP, multicast and IDENT.

This seems to have fixed this issue for me.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AlexcB and anyone else running IPV6, you need to allow ICMP as its required for IPV6 ops.  So, its not just the particular modem that you happen to be using thats a standard setting for IPV6.  

Also note, to allow full IPV6 use by a Windows pc, you need to add a rule to the Windows firewall to allow IPV6 ICMP as indicated here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/allow-pings-icmp-echo-request-through-your-windows-vis...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having this same issue. Just replaced my modem thinking it was that, turns out it wasnt. Its  a CODA 4582U

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Experiencing the same issue for the past 2 weeks or so. 

WhatsApp pics and images download fine on LTE but not on Rogers Wifi. I have toggled with ICMP settings too but that doesn't help. I have CODA-4582U as well.