CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Been running the device in bridge mode for quite some time now and was able to access it just fine at the 192.168.100.1 address to check logs.  LAN is 192.168.1.0/24.  Running pfSense and no changes have been made in months but all of a sudden a few weeks ago, I can no longer access the CODA.  

If I run a persistent ping, it will succeed every 50th time or so.  Also every now and then, I am able to get to the login screen for the CODA but no further.  So it has SOME access, but not enough to login completely.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

***Added Labels***

Re: CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Hey @iPhoneFan! Loss of connection capability to the CODA modem can occur sometimes and is typically resolved by rebooting the modem. Are you having any difficulties with your connection otherwise? Or is it just a lack of GUI connectivity. When you attempt to log in is there an error? Or is it just stalling? @RogersAndy
I Plan to Stick Around

Restarting the unit doesn’t solve the issue unfortunately. The connection is fine 95% of the time but the unit does automatically restart a couple times a day at complete random times.
Thanks

Hello, @iPhoneFan.

Thank you for rebooting the modem; we can try isolating the issue by bypassing your network (firewall/router) and connecting a computer directly to the modem to access 192.168.100.1.

I run my modem in bridge mode as well. At times, I have to reboot my modem and router to gain access to the modem's login. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Good suggestion but doesn’t work either. When I bypass it and assign the laptop a static IP, while directly connected to the Coda, I get the same results. It’s very strange since it used to work consistently before.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personal opinion, if a modem or router refuses to respond and allow me to log into the device after a few short attempts, I'll nuke the device and run a factory reset.  Not desirable if it can be avoided, but, if push comes to shove, the device loses.  I've had this happen on rare occasion, followed by a factory reset. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried that last week - by holding the reset button and then putting it back into bridge mode after it reset. Can access it fine when it’s not in bridge mode though.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, in that case I'd swap it out for another modem.  Logging in thru 192.168.100.1 should work, especially after a factor reset.  If not, then there's some issue with the firmware load.  You might have to call tech support to generate a work order so that you can swap the modem at the nearest Rogers store.  That work order requirement is fairly new.

Edit:  @iPhoneFan when you held the recessed reset button at the back of the modem, how long did you hold it for?  The user manual indicates to "press and hold the Reset button for ten seconds".  Personally use 30 seconds for a hold time.  The manual doesn't indicate what happens if you use a time that is less than 10 seconds, which should result in a quick reset, not a full up factory reset. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Held it for approx 30-35 seconds as recommended online. Guess I’ll swap the modem again and see if that helps. This is the 6th modem I’ve had in the last year and a bit. I wish the older modems were still available. Never had an issue with them.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@iPhoneFan has the log in problem persisted throughout all of the 6 modems?  The only explanation for that is a firmware issue, or a network issue with the connecting network.  What are you using for a router?

If this has been the same issue all along, I wouldn't bother replacing the modem.