CODA-4582 - connecting printer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

CODA-4582 - connecting printer

This week my modem was upgraded to the CODA-4582.  With the Rocket, I was easily able to connect my printer to the wireless LAN using the WPS with PIN method, but when I tried to do the same with the CODA-4582, the progress bar did its thing and then nothing more happened.  It still said the WPS wasn't in use and the printer wasn't connecting that way.  I was able to connect it normally with the SSID and password, but when I do that the printer steals the IP address that I set as static on my PC (I have a program that will not function properly if I don't use port forwarding).

This never happened before when the printer was connected with the WPS & PIN on the old modem/router.  Am I missing some step for properly activating this?

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted

Re: CODA-4582 - connecting printer

Hello, @Couvs

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. It's recommended to turn off the WPS function if you are able to connect your printer to the network with the SSID credentials. You can use the DHCP Reservation feature of the modem to assign a different IP to the printer and avoid the IP conflict. 

The DHCP Reservation can be found in the Basic menu under LAN Setup/LAN DHCP Status. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

"I do that the printer steals the IP address that I set as static on my PC (I have a program that will not function properly if I don't use port forwarding)."

You should always set manual IPs higher than those that would be assigned automatically. eg. 192.168.0.99

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

After Hitron replacement, how to re-establish logical connection from laptop to network printer?

After replacing a Hitron Rocket gateway with a Hitron CODA-4582 gateway, the logical connection from a Windows-10 laptop computer via wi-fi to a shared, network-attached (via USB via Windows-7-x64 PC via Ethernet) OKI laser printer seems to have been lost. The "printed" documents do not transmit to the printer, but sit in the printer queue on the laptop (the client machine). How can the logical connection be re-mapped/re-established? Can the printer driver be re-configured, or must it be re-installed? If the former, what is the procedure? If the latter, should the extant driver be un-installed before attempting a re-installation?

p.s.: After contacting OKI, they said that they will not provide support because they "do not support sharing" (!?)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jo32 do you have network discovery running on the Windows 10 laptop?

Did you have the printer IP address set to a static address with the previous modem?  If so, the IP address would have changed when you switched printers, unless of course you have set a static address for the Windows 7 pc.  

Just to make sure I have this correct:

1.  Windows 10 laptop connected via wifi:  printer address has been lost at this time.

2.  The OKI laser printer is connected via USB to the Windows 7 pc and the Windows 7 pc is connected to the modem via ethernet. 

Correct?

Question of the day, does the OKI printer have an ethernet port, and if so, why not connect it to the modem vie ethernet?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"Did you have the printer IP address set to a static address with the previous modem?"

The printer has no network interface, and therefore no IP address. It is a "shared", USB-connected printer.

"1.  Windows 10 laptop connected via wifi:  printer address has been lost at this time."

Yes, and no. The laptop is connected via wi-fi. But, the printer has no IP address. It is "shared" by, and connected via USB to a Windows-7-x64 PC (the de-facto printer server) which is connected to the new Hitron via ethernet.

"2.  The OKI laser printer is connected via USB to the Windows 7 pc and the Windows 7 pc is connected to the modem via ethernet. Correct?"

Correct.

"Question of the day, does the OKI printer have an ethernet port, and if so, why not connect it to the modem vie ethernet?"

The printer is an OKI B410d laser printer, which features only a USB interface.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The CODA-4582 has the capability to receive 5Gbps based on 2 x OFDM + 32 QAM over its DOCSIS 3.1 interface. The CODA-4582 supports full IPv4 routing features. If you're experiencing this issues unplug the Ethernet cord from Circle and leaving the Circle device connected wirelessly to your network and within 3-5 feet of your router for the best connection.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Issue connecting Samsung M2885FW to CODA-4582-U

We've had no connection issues with our Samsung M2885FW while using the Hitron class of router.  We were recently upgraded to the CODA-4582-U router. Since upgrading, we are unable to connect to the printer through the router. All settings on printer are the same. Connecting through DHCP.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Guessitsme, I run that same printer thru an RT-AC86U, with an assigned address and assigned address in the printer control application on the connected pc's and laptops.  I wonder, when you change modems, if you have to rerun the printer control application to determine the printer address.  I would have thought that the printer control application should find it on its own with every print cycle, ..... maybe not?  To access the printer application to change the IP address, you would probably have to do that from the pc's / laptops admin account.