CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Seems like the new CODA is almost ready, any update about the twitch issue? mine is still on going.

I Plan to Stick Around

My twitch is still messed.  completely pauses now and have to restart the stream in order to get it working again

@JohnBeaudin No update on the twitch issue so far. I really want it to get fixed ASAP. It's pretty annoying in all honesty Smiley Indifferent

Yeah i am Twitch Prime , and I use it often, it's really annoying to refresh and refresh over and over lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Just as a reminder to everyone though -- there are two sides to Twitch.

Just because it works on Bell, doesn't mean that there's a problem with Rogers.

A 6mbit connection is sufficient to stream via Twitch. A 100mbit connection should never need to buffer, even if 90% of the packets are lost.  There's clearly something very wrong with the Twitch client which is being triggered by whatever is happening with Rogers' systems (probably their routing).

Google searches also show that this is not a unique problem -- many people on many different carriers report it.

Has there been any success leaning on the twitch support (especially if you have a paid account) to get them to figure out why their client is blowing up on Rogers?

But it's strange that the issue is not present on Bell network anyhow, I know our connections are more than capable , mine is 250mbs and I stream anywhere else and I don't get that problem. there is something within the routing from twitch to rogers perhaps?

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh agreed, and I'm sure that Rogers could fix it.

But let's face it -- is it a priority for them? Based on all the other much bigger problems that affect way more people?  It could also be unfixable, I have no idea how their routing is defined, but based on what they purchase from the upstream providers it simply may not be something that can be changed.

Hitting it from the twitch side may be more efficatious. Offer to beta test or collect data for them to see what's causing not only the buffering, but the broken client that refuses to continue playing without a reload.

if Rogers would  be willing to contact Twitch I am pretty sure this could be fixed quickly.

@JohnBeaudin @Telek

I am opening a support ticket with Twitch as we speak. I'm hoping that they can find something that can initiate a conversation b/w the two parties. 

This issue should be fixed by now, but it hasn't 😕 It's super annoying to have to deal with this buffering.

Let me know if you make any progress with the suppor ticket.