CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@lupinglade,

I would email the office of the president and tell them the problems you have had. They will escalate the issue and send a Sr. Tech out there to resolve the problem. I have had similar issues in my area with signal and this approach got the resolution I wanted. An added bonus is that they can even give you a goodwill credit on your account for your time and trouble. The address is:

ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

Some background to the process:

https://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2014/07/08/man_wins_700_in_dispute_with_rogers_ros...

I Plan to Stick Around

Resent you one Dave. Thank you!
I Plan to Stick Around

The issue is firmware setting. DDNS is incorrectly configured for default@freedns.afraid.net. The provider admin said "Its appending a not valid string after the '?' by the looks of things,", after watching log for login attempt.

I currently have the CODA-4582 Rev 1A modem with 2.0.10.26T2 firmware. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave Any way I can beta test 2.0.10.27 or later? I am experiencing significant (2-5% constant)  upstream UDP packet loss in online gaming.

I've Been Around

I'm getting this error when trying to have guest use guest network:

When is firmware going to be fixed. It just started a few weeks ago.

Guest Network

When connecting to the Guest Network, an error message is displayed "only allow DHCP client to use this wireless".  This has been reported in firmware 2.0.10.26T2.

Update April 22: This issue has been resolved in firmware 2.0.10.27

I've Been Around

Only Allow DHCP Client to Use this Wireless

Internet works fine when connecting to wifi at home. When a guest comes and wants to connect to the guest wifi connection that's when I get the problem.

The "networkname-guest" is selected in the list of wifi spots. User is prompted to fill in the password on the Hitron page and click "access internet". This is where the button to connect dissapears once pressed and then the message "only allow DHCP client to use this wireless" the message in french is poorly translated but reads as followed "seulement client dhcp permet d'utiliser ce fil". Technicians over the phone didn't know what the issue is and told me to swap it out at the Rogers store which is what I did.

The problem persists.

Any idea how to fix this?

*** Added Labels *** 

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Seeing a few cases of newly setup Coda modems where the 5G network, looking at the settings is secure but can be connected to as if it was open, no password required. Factory reset resolves the issue.

Brian

I Plan to Stick Around

@otrocky that problem should be resolved in the latest firmware (currently available to beta participants only).

I've Been Around

Guest wifi in a home is an important feaure and was promised as available and easy to setup and modify when I purchased my Rogers bundle.

I got no usb setup stick but was able to go online & find the cusadmin login info and that allows detailed Hitron modem setup variables includind guest wifi with separate pswd and # devices...

I got up & working fine for a while ...but now I get no guest access and a msg: 

"Only allows DHCP client to use this wireless".  ?  (I changed nothing to get this ?)

..Why ? and how do I change to get guest wifi to work again ?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Frustration71 read the last few posts in this thread for the answer 🙂