CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave

Is there a chance we see .27 patch notes by the end of the day?

I Plan to Stick Around

Speed is still great but I wish the upload would stay this fast most of the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Network Architect
Network Architect

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

Is there a chance we see .27 patch notes by the end of the day?

I started but it's not complete. I'll need to test the firmware to update on this because of lot of this items are unclear to me.

From a user perspective, the Intel base firmware (SDK) should make a difference in multiple aspects. But we will have update the modem configuration file to take advantage of some of the benefits. We are however still working on getting a solution in place for trial participants.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if anything major has changed with the hops between me and the ingest servers I broadcast to but for several days after the .26 firmware update things were amazing. Since then it's gotten progressively worse with major dropped frames. 

I've been running PingPlotter during my casts and the connection seems great minus the occasional packet loss at hops along the way (and it doesn't propegate - just happening at a single hop along the way). Someone had mentioned that PingPlotter only tracks ICMP requests where as broadcasting utilizes RTMP? Not sure if it makes a difference or if there's something you can track on your end (or tools you could recommend for me to troubleshoot) @RogersDave but wanted to mention it here.

I Plan to Stick Around

There seems to be an issue with this firmware (2.0.10.26T2) in which the modem needs a factory reset after a power outage. Upon power restoration, my router (Asus AC3100) was unable to get a WAN IP from the modem. After factory restoring and rebooting the modem, all was fine.

The modem is on 2.0.10.26T2

Anyone else run into this issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

@AaronMT wrote:

My router (Asus AC3100) was unable to get a WAN IP from the modem.

I think it's the Asus, actually. I've found that either rebooting mine or just unplugging the WAN cable and plugging it back in again was enough for my AC3200 to get an IP again. I have experienced a similar problem and I don't think it's the Rogers' modem.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

Thanks for the partial patch notes

2.0.10.27 (Not Released Yet) - Partial release notes

• GUI Option to control eRouter Mode (IPv4, IPv6, Dual-Stack)
  • Fix: Guest Network
  • Intel base firmware update

I have a question, I was wondering what the Intel base firmware update will do?

I'm Here A Lot

After update to 26T2, the device getting wrong IP address is solved, but in 26T2, I found out that modem will disconnect itself (one day I just in front of modem, and internet is disconnected by itself, I saw modem look like restarting, because the all light go off and flush then become solid(normal ), I wait 5 min, the light still work normal but no Internet either wired or wireless, I have to physically restart it by myself, then internet work fine again.
Does anyone has same problem with 26T2??
Network Architect
Network Architect

@MegnaGaming wrote:

Not sure if anything major has changed with the hops between me and the ingest servers I broadcast to but for several days after the .26 firmware update things were amazing. Since then it's gotten progressively worse with major dropped frames. 

I've been running PingPlotter during my casts and the connection seems great minus the occasional packet loss at hops along the way (and it doesn't propegate - just happening at a single hop along the way). Someone had mentioned that PingPlotter only tracks ICMP requests where as broadcasting utilizes RTMP? Not sure if it makes a difference or if there's something you can track on your end (or tools you could recommend for me to troubleshoot) @RogersDave but wanted to mention it here.

Without going too much into details just yet (I want to see the results first), firmware 2.0.10.27 might help you with that. If it doesn't, then I can troubleshoot further with you.

Dave

Network Architect
Network Architect

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave

Thanks for the partial patch notes

2.0.10.27 (Not Released Yet) - Partial release notes

• GUI Option to control eRouter Mode (IPv4, IPv6, Dual-Stack)
  • Fix: Guest Network
  • Intel base firmware update

I have a question, I was wondering what the Intel base firmware update will do?

I don't know exactly but I heard that bufferbloat (at least in some situations) is greatly improved. That is the item that requires an updated network setting however but I now have a confirmation that I'll have a method to enable on a per modem basis (trial participants).

Dave