CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave wrote:

I have a question for everybody with very unstable connection (I know this is a vague definition) but looking at really slow downlink speeds (below 50 Mbps) or serious UDP problems.

Can you tell me how many devices (both wired and wifi) are connected on your network?

When I try to reproduce some of the UDP issues, I only have a single device on my test modem and I'm wondering if that has an impact in my inability to reproduce the issues you are facing.

Dave

@RogersDave  6-7 wired devices, from PC's to RaspberryPi, and anywhere from 5-10 wireless devices, laptops, phones, ipad and couple appliances, and VOIP phone.

I'm a Regular

@RogersDave look at these amazing speeds on the coda modem firmware .24 with 2 black dots and when i call rogersthey tell me everything looks good realy ?  test done hardwired with cat 6 cable

Untitledspeedtest14.png

I've Been Here Awhile

Been encountering a very odd issue. All android devices are lagging or timing out ever since the 2.0.10.24 update to the firmware. Have tried resetting the coda modem and even switched it out for the new 2 black dot model and still the same issue. Streaming apps such as google music, netflix, youtube and spotify are unusable. IOs and Windows works fine. Also if I put the modem in bridge mode and set up a 3rd party router the android issue disappears. However I would rather just use the coda as my router than have 2 set up. Any ideas of settings I could change to rectify this situation? Is this a possible bug in the .24 software?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@DEERA wrote:
Been encountering a very odd issue. All android devices are lagging or timing out ever since the 2.0.10.24 update to the firmware. Have tried resetting the coda modem and even switched it out for the new 2 black dot model and still the same issue. Streaming apps such as google music, netflix, youtube and spotify are unusable. IOs and Windows works fine. Also if I put the modem in bridge mode and set up a 3rd party router the android issue disappears. However I would rather just use the coda as my router than have 2 set up. Any ideas of settings I could change to rectify this situation? Is this a possible bug in the .24 software?

DEERA,

Send me a private message with your MAC address and I'll see if the "Pixel fix" will make a difference for you.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@DEERA wrote:

@RogersDave Hold on there is a newer CODA with 2 Black Dots? Are they any better and should we change our single Black Dot Modems?

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Network Architect
Network Architect

@lethalsniper wrote:

@RogersDave look at these amazing speeds on the coda modem firmware .24 with 2 black dots and when i call rogersthey tell me everything looks good realy ?  test done hardwired with cat 6 cable

lethalsniper,

If I'm not mistaken, you are on a 250/20 Mbps plan. Your downlink speed is therefore within an acceptable range but your uplink speed is too low. However, as I have previously stated to you, the upstream utilization in your area tends to be on the hot side and will require node rework.

This will unfortunately not happen before the Spring for sure as it usually involves getting various construction permits and a lot of digging.

Dave

Network Architect
Network Architect

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave Hold on there is a newer CODA with 2 Black Dots? Are they any better and should we change our single Black Dot Modems?

There are indeed CODAs with 2 black dots but they are not better than CODAs with a single black dot. It is simply a logistic marker for us for a specific shipment during the transition from "no dot" to "single dot".

We rechecked a batch of modem to ensure they were ok and added a second dot.

I'm a Regular

Okay fair enough but @RogersDave what's causing the high ping and jitter as you see in that image
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ping and jitter is caused by the low upload you're seeing. So basically the node congestion on the upload side is causing this high jitter and ping.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

There are indeed CODAs with 2 black dots but they are not better than CODAs with a single black dot. It is simply a logistic marker for us for a specific shipment during the transition from "no dot" to "single dot".

We rechecked a batch of modem to ensure they were ok and added a second dot.

@RogersDave Sorry I couldn't wait as the store closes in about 15 Minutes so I went an got a 2 Black Dot Modem as I never did take back my first Black Dot that never went back for QA so I sent you a PM to update my new Modem info!

TIA,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security