CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Plz let us know how to enable channels bandwidth of 160mhz on Rogers Hitron Gigabyte modem

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi @Lucky2050, the modem you are talking about (Hitron CODA4582) does have hardware support for channel bandwidth of 160MHz, but unfortunately you cannot enable it because the option is not  in the firmware at the moment. 

I'm not sure if it will be enabled in the future (I highly doubt it), because it's a feature nobody really uses, there is not much consumer hardware support for it (so the hardware you're using right now might not even support it), and the feature is really only available on high-end routers. Routers that are coming in the next few months, such as routers designated with an "AX/ WiFi-6" will have support for 160MHz, but it's very likely that the hardware you're using now will not have support for it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I got  Think pad X1 7th GEN with Wifi 6. Thats why i was looking to have that option on Rogers modem rather buying a wifi 6 router.

If its firmware then rogers should enable it as now more and more devices are coming with wifi 6 Iphone 11 and Samsung Galaxy 10 has wifi 6.

More over its not only speed its about quantity it can handle by having another channel.