CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

I believe this time we will get something nice and it won't be Hiltron! 😄

That's a nice wish, any reason to believe that'll actually be the case? 😛

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else noticing very high random ping spikes on .30. I am thinking about dropping back to the network version for a bit and see what happens.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think it's just .30 - I was having issues so I reverted back to .27 and this was my connection tonight:

https://i.gyazo.com/3babba42e492ea54d5191dfe72558370.png

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't been able to complete the upload portion of the Rogers speedtest for weeks.

I thought it started around them time I was anything above .27, but hard to be certain.

ScreenShot1.jpg

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink You remember about the OFDM carrier losing lock bug that I reported on firmware 2.0.10.30? I was finally able to factory reset and revert to 2.0.10.27 and I can confirm that it is not a firmware issue, it is actually a physical issue on my end.

I had a service technician come in a few weeks ago to replace a dead 2-way splitter and I'm pretty sure that the two way splitter he put replaced isn't working nicely with the OFDM carrier. The splitter he replaced it with isn't a Antronix one.... I'll have to get another service technician over to replace this faulty splitter and hopefully provide me with a spare one just incase the other goes bad.

Currently, my CODA-4582 is on DOCSIS 3.0 Fallback Mode, BUT the downstream LED has not changed to the 3.0 color (dark blue). Upon boot up, the modem does establishes a lock to an OFDM carrier, but loses it due to the faulty splitter. The modem reverts to DOCSIS 3.0  but the downstream LED fails to revert to the D3.0 color. I have let @RogersDave know about this, despite this issue being pretty rare.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX are you able to connect the modem directly to the incoming cable to see if the splitter is causing the problem, or:

1. replace the splitter with one of your own; or

2.  replace the splitter with an F connector to splice the incoming and internet feed cables?

https://www.lowes.ca/coax-cable/ideal-3-ghz-f-splice-adapter-4-pack_g1200823.html

@Datalink Unfortunately, the options you have listed are not possible. I will have to explain the situation to their support staff and have them send in another technician to replace the splitter. 

I'm really confident that it is the 2-way splitter causing this problem. From what I can remember, none of these issues occurred when I had the Antronix 2-way splitter.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX did you go from a two way to a three way splitter (or more) by any chance?

Nope. My modem is connected to the -3.5dB output from the 2-way splitter. The other -3.5 output is connected to a 4-way splitter which connects the 4 televisions in my household. Picture quality is crisp and clear on the televisions.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, ok, guess the only way to figure this out is to replace that two port splitter and see what happens.  Depending on your signal levels, an amplifier might be an idea as well, with the internet modem fed off of the VOIP port which would give you the same (non-amped) -3.5 db drop from amplifier input to VOIP port output.  The amped ports would be used to drive the cable boxes.