CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@Telek wrote:
Thank you Dave, once again, for your assistance to this community! Also, congratulations on your 500th post Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad this 500th post had some substance and wasn't a random comment (like this one) Smiley Happy

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the update @RogersDave

Feels good to see you back Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

I would test this out but I'm using a Netgear R7000
I Plan to Stick Around

New gateway? Please, just give us a quality (non-hitron) bare modem without any routing or wifi functionality. Please.

I'm a Regular

When ?
Network Architect
Network Architect

I just received some information regarding the upcoming software versions for the CODA-4582.

I will add more details in the release notes in the next couple of days but I'm trying to be as transparent as possible in the meantime.

Version 2.0.10.28T2

This version of firmware is identical in functionality to 2.0.10.27. The only difference is that it contains some changes to branding and images.

This version will go live in production at some point in June and won't be tested on this forum.

Version 2.0.10.29

I have received this version and should be able to start deploying it to a few modems tomorrow and gradually for the rest of the week. I will accept volunteers for the first batch via PM.

The most important changes are:

• IPv6 DNS settings
  • IPv6 Firewall
  • Wireless encryption GUI fixes
  • Guest SSID
  • WiFi special characters

Version 2.0.10.30

I should receive this version mid next-week. This version will include the same fixes as 2.0.10.29 +

• WiFi performance improvement (increased speed)
  • MoCA (not confirmed)

These release notes are a subset of everything. I'm trying my best to extract what is relevant while keeping it clear.

Dave

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersDave can you elaborate on the 4582 MoCA implementation?  Is this intended for use with the Hitron MoCA extender only, with Rogers Cable modems only, or with other MoCA adapters such as the Actiontec adapters?  Or is the implentation wide open for use with any other MoCA device?  The 4582 datasheet indicates " MoCA 2.0 bonding provides a near Gigabit wired backbone in the customer’s home for Wi-Fi extension. " and shows a Hitron wifi extender connected via MoCA, so, its not clear if the 4582 MoCA implementation is intended for use solely with the Hitron MoCA extender.

http://www.hitron-americas.com/product_category/ethernet-wifi-extender/

https://www.actiontec.com/products/home-networking/ecb6200/

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

Thanks for the update, and sent you a pm!

Network Architect
Network Architect

@Datalink wrote:

@RogersDave can you elaborate on the 4582 MoCA implementation?

The intent is to support MoCA extenders in the future but we are trying to provide enough flexibility so that a customer can use his own extender if he wishes to do so.

That being said, there are a few things missing in the current build (privacy settings) but we are working towards that.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave, can you pleas elaborate on the moca 2.0? I am currently using moca 2.0 adaptors in my home to improve the Wi-Fi coverage and extend my wired network. I have one moca 2.0 adapter connected to the coda 4582 and then I have two other moca 2.0 adopters in two different locations in my home which provide wired and wi-if connectIons through 2 separate routers. I am getting (on a good day) about 600-650mbs download speeds on wired connections.

What will the implementation of the moca do? Will it allow me to remove the one moca adapter I currently have connected to the coda 4582 which is feeding the other 2 located in different rooms?

Thank you