CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@lupinglade what version of iperf are you running, 3.13 as available off of the iperf.fr site, or 3.16 as available from neowin.com?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1234695-iperf-316-windows-build/#comment-596631033

I Plan to Stick Around

iperf 3.1.7
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

??

I Plan to Stick Around

https://github.com/esnet/iperf/releases - its the latest release
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, but, as found on the github site, that version is for CentOS Linux, FreeBSD, and MacOS X. 

Iperf 3.1.7 is functionally identical to iperf 3.1.6. Its only changes consist of updated documentation files and text in the RPM spec file.

Iperf 3.1.6 2017-02-02 == The release notes for iperf 3.1.6 describe changes, including bug fixes and new functionality, made since iperf 3.1.5.  

* User-visible changes

* Specifying --fq-rate or --no-fq-socket-pacing on a system where these options are not supported now generate an error instead of a warning. This change makes diagnosing issues related to pacing more apparent.

* Fixed a bug where two recently-added diagnostic messages spammed the JSON output on UDP tests.

3.1.6 Windows version can be downloaded here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1596631033234695-iperf-316-windows-build/#comment-

I Plan to Stick Around

Anecdotal observation, up until and including .26T2 I had no problems with my Honeywell Wifi thermostat. Since .27 was loaded onto the modem, the Honeywell goes for long stretches of disconnection.

Since Honeywell emails me every time the thing goes offline for more than a minute, it's pretty obvious when it happens.

Not critical but just thought I'd mention it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

So we're now in June!

Anyone know if Rogers started to roll-out DOCSIS 3.1 upstream in Ontario yet?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

So we're now in June!

Anyone know if Rogers started to roll-out DOCSIS 3.1 upstream in Ontario yet?

@JohnBeaudin

I don't think they've rolled it out yet, I think their resources are going towards IPTV. Also they're releasing another Gateway/Modem so resources are also on tuning/refining that modem experience.

I Plan to Stick Around

@hoob MINE TOO, mines been doing it since these new coda modems came out the, so like 6 months or so now
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@gp-se

About that new gateway, the release should be soon according to the news ( they said mid 2017). I am interested even thought I just got the CODA in December.