CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RogersDave  I'm suprised everyone having hard time duplicating udp issue, it happens 100% of the time, and more times than not takes 5-10 minutes of playing games based on udp packets. CODA2, battlefield just couple examples. I seen it happens on my kids PC's all the time, wired-wireless same deal.

As of last night, that stopped. they played last night and this morning and so far all the craziness stopped with the 3552 modem. Websites also load much faster. The CODA needs alot of work to make it everyday gateway for most people.

I Plan to Stick Around

My speed deteriorates all the way down to 35 mbps . When I reboot my router my speeds jump back up , not sure if it's my Internet or router. Also when I test my connection speed on my Onhub best reading I've ever seen was 200 mbps.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if anyone else has been seeing this issue as well but last Thursday my area had DOCSIS 3.1 enabled and it was stable for about 48 hours (that I noticed). However after that about every 24 hours I get a RCS Partial Service error and the device restarts. I did notice that my 3.0 channels are missing 2-3 but I just made the assumption that they were clawed back due to the fact that my area was 3.1 enabled.

It looks like something is losing sync after a while and causes a reboot to re-establish a connection. Prior to the 3.1 being enabled the modem has been pretty steady so I am not sure if it is just a coincidence or something to do with the 3.1 being enabled.

Thoughts anyone?
I'm a Regular

how much of a latency difference now that you have will the CGNM-3552 modem when it comes to online gaming ? Have you done any pingplotter test and notice any diff , because I'm getting some pretty high latency when it comes to peek times I don't know if it's the docs 3.1 that causing this because I really didnt Have any of this type of issues when on 3.0. @tonytoronto
Network Architect
Network Architect

I have a question for everybody with very unstable connection (I know this is a vague definition) but looking at really slow downlink speeds (below 50 Mbps) or serious UDP problems.

Can you tell me how many devices (both wired and wifi) are connected on your network?

When I try to reproduce some of the UDP issues, I only have a single device on my test modem and I'm wondering if that has an impact in my inability to reproduce the issues you are facing.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

I have a question for everybody with very unstable connection (I know this is a vague definition) but looking at really slow downlink speeds (below 50 Mbps) or serious UDP problems.

Can you tell me how many devices (both wired and wifi) are connected on your network?

When I try to reproduce some of the UDP issues, I only have a single device on my test modem and I'm wondering if that has an impact in my inability to reproduce the issues you are facing.

Dave

2 Smart TVs,  2 laptops, 1 Windows Tablet, 2 Android phones, 1 Desktop PC, 1 Xbox One S,  1 HD PVR Receiver. 1 TED 5000 Monitor system.   

That's all the normal always there equipment, thats not counting devices that come and go. 

I'm a Regular

1 laptop, 4 iPhones, 2 Xbox ones
I'm a Reliable Contributor

1 hardwired cat7 computer

1 laptop

2 cell phones

2 ipad air 2

2x 4K tv

1 blue ray driver

1 nintendo switch

I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper wrote:
how much of a latency difference now that you have will the CGNM-3552 modem when it comes to online gaming ? Have you done any pingplotter test and notice any diff , because I'm getting some pretty high latency when it comes to peek times I don't know if it's the docs 3.1 that causing this because I really didnt Have any of this type of issues when on 3.0. @tonytoronto

If there is any difference, its not noticable at all. I just asked kids and they had zero packet loss today, and im sure they been on it most of the day.  Lets see how it goes with wireless, CODA used to drop connections all the time, i was suprised by the range of the 3552, the signal was 1 bar lower but speed was doubled of the CODA, may not even bother putting it bridge mode for now.  If you can get one, get it--at this point im sure you wont regret it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

I have 1 wired device and 10 wireless devices connected to the modem.

I have tried doing exactly what you did by connecting 1 device to the modem when testing for UDP issues, and it was still present. However, I can try testing for it again once I am able to switch to the CODA.