CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Hi.

Here are some results from pingplotter.

Does this reveal anything?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As0qWl7mmMDkwRKce7AkzqnptYJn

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have this problem.

I noticed that the solution was to be released April 2017. I received my modem in 2018, but alas, I don't have this fix possibly, because I was not on record to receive it.

Anyway, my wife wants to let her book club buddies log in to just the internet and not my LAN.

If firmware (2.0.10.27) causes no other problems can it please be pushed to my modem.

Thanks

Barry

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry.

This is still broken. I have software 2.0.10.34T6 and guest login still does not work.

I get the hard-to-understand DHCP message.

Highlighted

Hello @holtzkener,

The guest network is definitely a great option to avoid giving out your actual Wi-Fi password. This specific issue should have been resolved quite a while ago regrettably, we are unable to revert your Firmware back to that specific version as it is quite dated (April 2017).

We would like to take a closer look at this for you to see what is going on and escalate this matter to our Network Engineers if we are unable to resolve via Troubleshooting. We'll need to pull up your modem info in order to take a look at the settings.

Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gain access to your account info and get started. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As of today I have the latest CODA-4582 firmware but I was experiencing the problems noted when trying to sign into the guest network. Rogers tech. support changed the number of devices able to sign into the guest network to 10 from 5 and I was able to sign in. They thought it might be because that number may apply to the whole 2G environment or maybe the total 5G and 2G environments. They also mentioned that the modem could only handle 8 simultaneous internet connections (all bands combined) which is something I didn't know. I may have had more than 5 devices connected at the same time but I can't confirm that. Hopefully someone at Rogers can look at this information so the guest network will work. I've had nothing but grief trying to use it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@JGCLGHRN wrote:

They also mentioned that the modem could only handle 8 simultaneous internet connections (all bands combined)

That's outrageous.  Is this documented?  Perhaps they just made it up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My web management page has stopped working since a couple patches ago. It'll work fine for a day after a reboot, but after that it's unpingable and unreachable. Anyone experiencing the same issue (bridged)?

Also, what happened to Dave?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, and I've talked to senior support who have said the issue is escalated to Hitron, they have a reproduced device in this state and are currently investigating it.

Dave resigned and went to work for Hitron AFAIK

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on latest  2.0.10.35T1 firmware on CODA.

DHCP issues have not been addressed at all. Same as previous firmware. DHCP reservation table works up to 9 positions. The 10th device will get random number with the label  DHCP-Reserved in the connected devices list.
Second issue DHCP related is the hard reboot of the entire modem when saving any changes to DHCP reservation table.

I also noticed my phone adapter from NetTalk has a hard time trying to connecting to the server now. Enabled  SIP ALG and rebooted the modem. Still testing if this function is making it any better.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@daveinsurgent wrote:

Yes, and I've talked to senior support who have said the issue is escalated to Hitron, they have a reproduced device in this state and are currently investigating it.

Dave resigned and went to work for Hitron AFAIK

Thanks for the info, Dave. 

That's too bad about RogersDave, he was a good guy and a real asset. Anyone taking over this position on the forums? (Sorry haven't been here in a while).