CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

I am currently on FW 33T3 and while it is stable I still keep on getting these events which seem to cause me to lose my wifi connectivity to the CODA and at times loses the connectivity to my other modem connected via ethernet to the CODA

1411/20/2017 00:36:4682000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1511/20/2017 13:53:3968010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1611/20/2017 19:49:5382000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1711/21/2017 22:40:0890000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1811/22/2017 16:06:0782000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1911/22/2017 22:40:0468010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2011/22/2017 22:43:0090000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

First my setup:

I am using the Coda connected to my C7 Archer via LAN to WAN connection. The Coda IP is 192.168.0.1 while the C7 is 192.168.1.1. I had DHCP setup for the Coda at 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.100 while the C7 is setup from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.199

What I cannot seem to figure out is why my wifi from the Coda drops out from all my devices and a reboot is necessary to get the wifi connected again (but will drop out again after a few minutes). The wifi from the C7 is stable though except for the last few days which seem to correspond to the event log from the Coda.

I am also having these issues with FW 28T2 which was installed when I got the CODA (reboots have been stabilized with 33T3)

Hopefully somebody from the forum will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

I Plan to Stick Around

Doumat, if your WiFi reception reaches your Nest thermostat...a reset of the unit usually establishes a connection, if you previously had a successful install. Had a Blackdot CODA since it came out, Bridged to a Linksys router on the second floor about 75 ft from the Nest Thermostat without any issues. The Linksys WiFi is connected to over 15 IOT devices (Nest, Netamo, Sonos, WEMO, etc) plus many Apple & Window based systems and have had no issues. For critical devices like the Thermostat, I assign a fixed IP address using DHCP reservation. I am also on the 4582 trial program and haven't had any issues connecting to any IOT devices. The only issues were related to Speed & Latency, which over the last 10 months have improved. So perhaps, do a WIFI speed test with a mobile device near your NEST Thermostat ....if you get reception and the speed is half decent then try the NEST reset. It's unlikely but possible that your NEST Thermostat is defective. Do you have other NEST devices (Smoke detector or Camera) and are they visible on your mobile device? If they are than you may have a Thermostat with a defective WiFi          

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. The NEST thermostat was replaced, and the NEST worked when connected via WiFi to my neighbours WiFi or to a WiFi hotspot on my phone. It absolutely would not work with the CODA. As soon as I went back to the Rocket modem, it worked flawlessly
I Plan to Stick Around

Have to say the Nest issue is odd, as I have a Nest (V3), and it works perfectly. I use the CODA in bridge mode with my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter (ER-X which is awesome by the way), with three Netgear routers in AP mode. About 100 items on the net (a lot of IoT devices, of which the Nest is one).

Everything just works, and incredibly fast too. 950/30 is what I see everyday (hardwired, but I do get 600 on my laptop, depending on how close to a router I am).

im not convinced the CODA was responsible for your Nest issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Take a look at my detailed troubleshooting. With only the router, an iPad and the Nest thermostat, it did not work. I do have a V2 Nest thermostat though.
I Plan to Stick Around

To say this is becoming frustrating is an understatement.

We have had the new modem approximately 2 weeks and we have had a tech out once and chat support has another on the way.

I may have resolved how the samsung S8 connects by setting a fixed IP address, but the iPhones refuse to interact with this gateway.

The only solution we have found is to unplug and replug the modem when the phone cannot get internet.

What happens when the modem is restarted like that??

Can this info not be used to pinpoint the issue?

Chat guy said ", the signal appears weak to the modem. Just to confirm, has there been any changes made to the Rogers cable installation in the home such as added new wires or splitters?" well the tech that visited said the signal was too high and added a splitter to reduce the signal by -7db. 

I think that the signal is within spec (highest is 8.000 and lowes around 0) it feels like fluff when the chat guy wants to send a tech. He did says "I think it is the modem from what you are describing" and agreed to have the tech bring a modem.

I am still seeking an answer to "what happens when I "reboot" my CODA modem?" because I can't believe that the solution is not indicated by the fact that this works every time and instantly to get all affected back to being connected to the internet.

Thanks,

ggparts

I Plan to Stick Around

This is what I have been experiencing as well. The wifi gets disconnected after a certain time and would give a 169.xx number as its IP. A reboot is necessary to get it to work again. At first, I thought it was one of my devices having an issue so I changed it to a static address and it has been stable so far.

Not sure if the CODA modem/router has a DHCP issue with the assignment of IP addresses.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have seen others say this an I should have listened.

Added D Link DIR 885L we have had 48 hrs of bliss.

Hopefully this is a permanent solution.

My family does not care so much about speed as connectivity.

I hey high 700s from speed test with ethernet connected Lenovo laptop.

So as much as it sux to spend $$ on a router I think this is the only reliable way to enjoy this new gateway untill Rogers fixes it.

ggparts

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This isn't specifically a Rogers issue. Majority of Internet gateways suck! And its why people recommend you get a real router for many years now. A device that tries to do many things will never be better than a device that is dedicated to doing one thing.

I'm surprised so many people still continue to fight this battle.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had this issue three different times and it seems to happen like clockwork every 3 to 4 months.  My upload seems like it is capped at 10Mbps (it has not gone past this in a few days testing both day and at night), I am on the 500/20 plan and I always (when its working correctly) get the offered speed both up and down.  My modem is bridged, I use an Asus AC5300 router and have for some time now plus I have done the typical things .. rebooted the modem, reset the modem, tried the speed tests with the computer connected directly to the modem .. all the things Rogers asks you to do when you call and each time this has happened they have told me to go a swap the modem for a new one, that actually does work and does bring back the correct speed but why is this happening in the first place?  Can I PM someone and have them look into this please, it's get a little tiresome to have to exchange modems all the time and would like to find out what causes this if it is possible.

Current speed test results

595.59Mbps
8.71Mbps
12 latency
5 jitter

596.23Mbps

3.50Mbps

9 latency

4 jitter