CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

For my case, an amplifier won't be needed. The signal strength enters the house from the tap at +4dBmV so I should be fine. I'll let you know of the results once it does get fixed. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX

Is it common for splitters to "die"? I would think that should be nearly impossible. They're solid state devices with almost no power going through them and very limited passive component count. Unless you have transient A/C on your line or something, how could they die over time?

Point being, you may need to look around for another problem.

Have you tried swapping the outputs on the splitter?

It should be possible to just connect your incoming line via a simple F/F joiner to the modem line to at least test (bypassing the splitter).  Keep in mind that if a tech comes out, and determines that the splitter is not at fault, you might be charged for the service call.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink @Telek I was able to find an dual f-type connector and I can confirm that it is not a problem with my splitter. Modem lost lock onto OFDM carrier w/ the dual f-type connector so it has to be a problem with my modem. 

I have downgraded the firmware to 2.0.10.27 from .30 and it hasn't made a difference. I will have to replace this modem. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else getting packet loss over the last little while? Not sure what has changed but it's definitely been an issue for me since things changed over to .29 (so a couple of weeks now).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just cross posting this link to another section of the board, as I'm not sure yet if this is CODA-4582 related or not...last post on 9 and first on 10 describe my issue and provide PingPlotter graphs of it.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/9/th...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Community and @RogersDave 

My issues are still not resolved even after the update to v. 29 on the Coda.  We have a router in the basement connected in bridge mode and all of our cell phone's simultaneously dropping the wifi signal without warning.  I have noticed when this happens that we are still able to stream through programs such as Netflix and Youtub app on our pc devices.  So all cell phones drop the wifi signal though the wifi connected symbol still populates on our cell phones and the bridged router also loses it's wifi.  We are the left to restart the Coda in order to get the signals back.  This forum is my last resort for a solution.  Thank you for any help regarding this matter.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ishine80 wrote:

We have a router in the basement connected in bridge mode and all of our cell phone's simultaneously dropping the wifi signal without warning.

What are you using for gateway and WiFi then if you're bridging the router? I would assume the problem lies there.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@ishine80 wrote:

Hi Community and @RogersDave 

My issues are still not resolved even after the update to v. 29 on the Coda.  We have a router in the basement connected in bridge mode and all of our cell phone's simultaneously dropping the wifi signal without warning.  I have noticed when this happens that we are still able to stream through programs such as Netflix and Youtub app on our pc devices.  So all cell phones drop the wifi signal though the wifi connected symbol still populates on our cell phones and the bridged router also loses it's wifi.  We are the left to restart the Coda in order to get the signals back.  This forum is my last resort for a solution.  Thank you for any help regarding this matter.

Hi ishine80, 

First to clear up the confusion, if I am correct, the modem is in bridge mode and you are using your own wifi router. So somewhere between your router and the internet there is a loss of connection. This could be caused by your router, the ethernet connection to the modem, the modem or the internet. To narrow things down, you should have the modem unbridged, wifi setup and power off your router for testing. If the issue persists, then we have eliminated your equipment. If this is the case, have you called for troubleshooting with your networking equipment out of the picture?

Brian

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@borford
We have a router in the basement which is in bridge mode I am told but my husband and I connect on our bungalow floor by connecting directly with the coda set up wifi. When the issues begin both the router downstairs and our mobile devices disconnect from wifi or simply get blocked from accessing wifi without notification. This forces our data plans to kick in behind the scene though the cell task bar on the top of the page shows wifi symbol.

When I check the modem DOCSIS events show the following

18 07/13/2017 13:23:13 90000000 warning MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=Address removed;CMTS-MAC=Address removed ;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

19 07/13/2017 23:44:51 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=Address removed ;CMTS-MAC=Address removed ;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ishine80 you indicated previously that you were still able to stream through programs such as Netflix and Youtub app on your pc devices.  Can you confirm for me that those devices are connected via ethernet to the CODA-4582?  Just want to be sure I understand your network configuration.