CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@KyleW1988 Are you and your friend trying to connect to each other through a PC game or console game? If the game uses IPv6 for P2P, you or your friend's IPv6 can be filtered if you're playing on PC. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My max download never went beyond 400mbps, average 200mbs and upload was 32-34mbps and ping is below 15 ms even with the old modem non-CODA, I changed the modem to CODA on December. I never changed it to the one with black dot until a technician came to check my speed last Sunday. He changed first the modem with the black dot to check if I can go beyond 400mbps but he was not able to test the speed since the new modem could not authenticate due to issue with Roger's server. I did not change it back to my previous modem (no black dot) hoping this new modem is better. The speed still the same for 2 days and after that it went downhill even with reboot or reset speed is below 100mbps or at times below 50mbps and upload is below 2mbps, ping is 25-50ms.  My previous CODA (no black dot) was much better upload is consistent at 32-34 mbps, and download is between 200-350mbps most of the time. I'll exhange the modem tonight hoping I'll get a better one. firmware is .24 and all 32 channels are okay

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No we're on the Xbox one
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue as you. These Hiltron modems not great for gaming Rogers has a lot of work to do , I heard if you buy your own router and disable IPv6 it might work ,and heard there are still a lot of gamers who still have IPv4 and conflict with IPv6 users
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's just painful bud. I hope Rogers is going hard to iron this out.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as a reminder, @lethalsniper, Dave has indicated that the node which your modem connects to suffers from congestion, so, it won't matter what modem you're running, Rogers or TPIA, you will run into the same issue.  The question is, when will that be taken care of thru a node split?  

As far as XBox, if that's what you're playing on, Microsoft staff have indicated in probably more than presentation, that there is no crossover between the IPV4 and IPV6 world.  At a minimum, to play in the IPV6 world, if you don't have IPV6, you would have to be running Teredo Tunneling, and I thought that I had seen on a presentation that Microsoft was going to shut down the Teredo Tunneling servers, so, its going to be either IPV4 or IPV6 down the road.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well hopefully someone does something. What's going on right now isn't working. The teredo tunnelling port that is automatically opened in the modem seems like it's there just for fun. I can turn off that port being forwarded and it makes no difference whether it's on or off for me.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave I can also confirm @Jeffj findings. First part is without vpn second part is with.  The spike from the VPN seemed to be only during the upload portion as well. I will also try by limiting the bandwith with Rogers to see if it makes a difference.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Here is some locked a 100mpbs Full duplex

Capture4.PNGCapture3.PNG

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

It's funny how Rogers has not fixed my our node issue in my area yet due to cold weather @RogersDave but what's Anoying me is its been like this for 4 months now and it's funny how coming home from work don't I see bell digging and doing wiring repairs just a block away from me it just shows me how much Rogers cares about there customers so don't tell me it's the weather and the ground is frozen and they can't fix the node so please explain how on earth is bell digging ?