CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Worked, all channels are back, thanks.  Funny because a reboot from from the admin page was the first thing I tried and that didn't help.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bahha wrote:

Worked, all channels are back, thanks.  Funny because a reboot from from the admin page was the first thing I tried and that didn't help.

Yes it's best to unplug from the power source, so I'm glad it worked for you! 

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nice Download speed here, to bad it's not always like that! Smiley Very Happy

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Triple_Helix now only if they would fix the bufferbloat issue. Watching Youtube or downloading anything while playing a game causes my ping to go through the roof.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Breadwinka

It's the next thing they will fix!

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Dreaming is a wonderful thing .
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Yesterday, our network operations team loaded an updated configuration file for the CODA-4582. What this configuration does is:

Implement the Pixel/Android WiFi fix

Changes automatic firmware update rules

With a simple reboot of your modem, you will be getting the new configuration with the Pixel/WiFi fix. I still recommend setting the 5 GHz band to channels 149-153-157-161 is it provides a much better range.

For the automatic firmware rules, the new setting will automatically set the software version to 2.0.10.24 (Production) for any brand new modem or any modem that has been factory reset. It does allow trial firmware to be loaded (as long as you don't perform a factory reset).

I am therefore ready to start pushing the next firmware 2.0.10.26 to CODA-4582 modems. This firmware does not officially fixes UDP issues but it fixes a memory problem that may be related. We will be working on the UDP issue based on logs/feedback received from this firmware version.

Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersDave with the new config file, does yesterdays post still apply, in that after .26 is installed, a factory reset will result in a reload back to .24 while a reboot will retain .26?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Good news, can't wait to give feedback on .26!

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@Datalink wrote:

@RogersDave with the new config file, does yesterdays post still apply, in that after .26 is installed, a factory reset will result in a reload back to .24 while a reboot will retain .26?

Before the change we made:

Upgrading a modem to .26, at reboot it would go back to .24 automatically.

After the config file:

Upgrade a modem to .26 works and persist across reboot. A factory reset will put the modem back into the state where it accepts firmwares from our provisionning system and will therefore go back to .24.

Essentially, the exclusion list is now maintained on your modem. As soon as I perform a manual firmware upgrade, you are automatically excluded from our management system. If you factory reset, you will be removed the list and the current production firmware is repushed.

This is for the moment the best balance to support automatic upgrade on boot. We are working on a longer term solution.

Dave