CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

I'm on docs 3.1 and I'm getting more speed degradation now then when I was on 3.0 , from the times 3- 11pm this is ridiculous and when I call tech support they tell me everything is fine on there end , they ping my modem and signal levels are fine so ...... I'm straying to wonder if it's just the coda modem and the docs 3.1 is causing the speed degration from I remember I don't think I was getting this when I was on the cgn3acsmr. I don't know how Rogers can get away from this.evey time I call in they don't know what's going on its rediclous nobody can give me a clear answer this has been going on for a month or 2 @RogersDave @Datalink
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone tried testing IPv6 in bridged mode using ....testmyipv6.com without a tunnel broker?  My router and OS's are all IPv6 enabled but keep getting a message saying that the IPv6 server is only connected using IPv4. 

This seems to be confirmed when using IPv6-test.com which scores a 17/20 and indicates IPv4 tunneling to reach the IPv6 site. 

I thought the CODA is native IPv6 enabled.......but also thought that in Passthru or Bridged mode it should not matter .... maybe I am wrong?  @RogersDave@Datalink   Perhaps the Coda is not fully IPv6 enabled yet and using IPv4 tunnel to connect to IPv6. 

Also like to know if there are difference in the 4 ports....is there port priority or are they equally distributed. Previous modems only had port 1 active, when using Bridged mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

@rjmaxim wrote:

Has anyone tried testing IPv6 in bridged mode using ....testmyipv6.com without a tunnel broker?  My router and OS's are all IPv6 enabled but keep getting a message saying that the IPv6 server is only connected using IPv4. 

This seems to be confirmed when using IPv6-test.com which scores a 17/20 and indicates IPv4 tunneling to reach the IPv6 site. 

I thought the CODA is native IPv6 enabled.......but also thought that in Passthru or Bridged mode it should not matter .... maybe I am wrong?  @RogersDave@Datalink   Perhaps the Coda is not fully IPv6 enabled yet and using IPv4 tunnel to connect to IPv6. 

Also like to know if there are difference in the 4 ports....is there port priority or are they equally distributed. Previous modems only had port 1 active, when using Bridged mode.

There appears to be many different test sites....this one now gives me a different result (http://test-ipv6.com)

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2607:xxxx:xxxx:xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be ROGERS-CABLE - Rogers Cable Communications Inc., CA

Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites. [more info]

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Your readiness score

10/10

for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are forced to go IPv6 only

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you only see a score of 17/20 on the ipv6-test.com site, you need to add an IPV6 rule to your Windows firewall rules.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/create-an-inbound-icmp-rule

Add the IPV6 rule only.  Then reboot the pc and rerun the ipv6-test.com test.  If that still doesn't give you 19/20, add an outbound rule as well.  

You should be able to use any port on the modem, whether its in Gateway or Bridge mode.  

The IPV6 type set in the router should be Native IPV6.

Here is a link to Dave's IPV6 settings post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/367...

Network Architect
Network Architect

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Only 2 issues I continue to see.

1. Mobile devices keep dropping the 5G Wi-Fi signal

2. Upload speed is not consistent

@Triple_Helix, can you clarify what devices do you have that are impacted on 5 GHz?

I just made a small change to your modem for that. Let me know if it helps.

Dave

Yes it's my new Moto Z phone and I see that you set the 5G to Auto (Channel) so I will keep an eye for disconnects.

Thanks,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Actually the change I made is not customer visible (actually it can only be done in the modem configuration file). I change the IPv6 RA interval to allign with RFC7772.

On the Pixel phone, this greatly improved stability.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave ohh so thats why my pixel has been having so many issues with wifi, I thought I was going crazy.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@Breadwinka wrote:

@RogersDave ohh so thats why my pixel has been having so many issues with wifi, I thought I was going crazy.

I reconfigured your modem with the new settings. Let me know if it works better.

Dave

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@RogersDave I don't know if you read my privat message but last night my modem rebooted and now wireless 5G has disappeared once again by any chance modem is defective?
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Only 2 issues I continue to see.

1. Mobile devices keep dropping the 5G Wi-Fi signal

2. Upload speed is not consistent

@Triple_Helix, can you clarify what devices do you have that are impacted on 5 GHz?

I just made a small change to your modem for that. Let me know if it helps.

Dave

Yes it's my new Moto Z phone and I see that you set the 5G to Auto (Channel) so I will keep an eye for disconnects.

Thanks,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Actually the change I made is not customer visible (actually it can only be done in the modem configuration file). I change the IPv6 RA interval to allign with RFC7772.

On the Pixel phone, this greatly improved stability.

Dave

Would a Factory Reset affect the changes in the settings you did? I had to a couple of times to get all of my download channels back and now the problem has reoccurred and keeps dropping the 5G Wi-Fi for my Moto Z phone so I went to the 2.4G band and that works fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

If you only see a score of 17/20 on the ipv6-test.com site, you need to add an IPV6 rule to your Windows firewall rules.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/create-an-inbound-icmp-rule

Add the IPV6 rule only.  Then reboot the pc and rerun the ipv6-test.com test.  If that still doesn't give you 19/20, add an outbound rule as well.  

You should be able to use any port on the modem, whether its in Gateway or Bridge mode.  

The IPV6 type set in the router should be Native IPV6.

Here is a link to Dave's IPV6 settings post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/367...

Thanks for the info @Datalink....much appreciated!

My Router settings are correct. Not sure who owns/operates the "ipv6-test.com" site versus the open source "test-ipv6.com"...only difference appears to be the ICMP error message checking, which most OS's require a rule to be added as per your suggestion. For most of us, it's a bit tricky to play with firewall settings, particularly if you also have AV software involved. It's easy to mess up and potentially leave your system vulnerable. But you are right....to get a 19/20 score (although I don't know why it would not be 20/20)....you need to add an exception rule. Somehow, the Open source site is a bit clearer....explaing how they score a 10/10:

1. Test with IPv4 DNS record                                          ok (0.194s) using ipv4
  2. Test with IPv6 DNS record                                          ok (0.203s) using ipv6
  3. Test with Dual Stack DNS record                               ok (0.350s) using ipv6
  4. Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet               ok (0.298s) using ipv6
  5. Test IPv4 without DNS                                                  ok (0.191s) using ipv4
  6. Test IPv6 without DNS                                                  ok (0.173s) using ipv6
  7. Test IPv6 large packet                                                   ok (0.424s) using ipv6
  8. Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6                      ok (0.185s) using ipv6
  9. Find IPv4 Service Provider                                           ok (0.299s) using ipv4 ASN 812
  10. Find IPv6 Service Provider                                           ok (0.361s) using ipv6 ASN 812