CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@RyzenFX wrote:

For sure a firmware fix is required, but what worries me is how are we able to reproduce this issue? Dave told me that because Hitron cannot reproduce the issue getting a fix will really hard.

This leaves me to my suggestion, why not gather onsite data from customers who are experiencing this problem such as me?

@RyzenFX, this is likely the path we will need to take. I think that this issue is related to UDP fragmentation. I have a few more tricks on my side and if that isn't sufficient, I'll move to next level troubleshooting.

Any ideas on how to deal with these frequent disconnects on my Pixel Xl.  Both my wife and I have one.  and it driving us both nuts.  Unwilling to buy a router.  

Any thoughts

Mythen

@Mythen, we do have a fix for that. I will likely be deployed to everybody next week. I just pushed it on your modem so you can test it.

This is not a firmware change but a configuration change so you won't see anything on your side. Just let me know if the WiFi with your Pixel is more stable.

For the records, although we were able to implement a fix on the CODA, the traces we have collected are showing that the connection manager on the Pixel is crashing in response to IPv6 RA messages. We have a ticket opened with Google on this one.

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

looks like .24 is final? 

We haven't heard anything and it's been completely dead quiet since the release, anyone can confirm?

Firmware 2.0.10.24 is indeed final and deployed live in production.

I am working on the next test firmware which will be 2.0.10.26 and will include a fix for some spurious reboots and a fix to allow special characters in SSIDs and password.

We also have a fix for Pixel dropping off WiFi but that fix is not done through firmware but through configuration. I am working to have testing completed and deployed nationally next week.

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Only 2 issues I continue to see.

1. Mobile devices keep dropping the 5G Wi-Fi signal

2. Upload speed is not consistent

@Triple_Helix, can you clarify what devices do you have that are impacted on 5 GHz?

I just made a small change to your modem for that. Let me know if it helps.

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave   I'm suprised you not giving the UDP problem more urgency. Its getting to the point gaming uselless on Rogers connection. Even the VOIP phone doesnt work right, you can hear all the crackling from missing packets. My kids driving me nuts begging to go back to TPIA, was a slower speed but worked. I can leave with all the 5G issues and reboots, but UDP things killing it for me.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@tonytoronto

Unfortunately Rogers is very bad for gamers, Bell on the other hand is a paradise for gamers, when i see my friends joining a server with 20 ping, while I am at 70-75 ...

Rogers is good for download speed and streaming ect.. but for Gaming.. they are completely out of the game.

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

@joepeps wrote:

Hello,

Ive had nothing but problem with this modem since receiving it.

I have changed it 4 times, the last time (it didn't work for 5 days).

Now 5G doesn't even show up unless i'm on the same floor, yet 2.4 works upstairs.

Everything worked fine before (even with slower wifi speed with the CODA)

WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY BLACK ROCKET GIGABIT MODEM BACK?

Rogers loves to upset customers I guess by rolling out hardware/firmware that they should and not letting them go back to the old modem.

Any help? I'm honestly tired of calling and complaning with no resolution. This is my last straw before switching.

You can have the CGNM3552 back.

Just call and ask for it to be added to the account, then call retail for availability.

Brian

I'm a Regular

That's what I have been saying for years when it comes to gaming and Rogers they don't mix. Same with my friends who are with bell better ping and less lag
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersDave .
Ive been noticing that for some odd reasons my WiFi speed 5g is way faster on my mobile device reaching a peak of 500mbps , although when i test the speed with ethernet on my laptop the maximum speed im getting is 300-400 depending on the time of the day. Any help or suggestions?
I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper wrote:
That's what I have been saying for years when it comes to gaming and Rogers they don't mix. Same with my friends who are with bell better ping and less lag

Im finding that the hard way. with TPIA i also has cable internet, and none of this issues, reason i continued on cable.  TV also always on the fritz, i have to reboot the PVR all the time, channels get all scrablled all the time, home PVR always loosing sync, hasn't been the experience i was hoping for so far.

I'm a Regular

Soon as I move from where I live I'm going with bell just for gaming
I've Been Here Awhile

apparently I can't.

I've tried 5 times to get it back, they wont do it.

Apparently it's a downgrade and they system wont "allow it".

it's stupid

"

You can have the CGNM3552 back.

Just call and ask for it to be added to the account, then call retail for availability.

Brian"

I'm a Regular

getting packet loss is this still related from last night @RogersDave

rogers packetloss.png