CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@Jeffj wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Now this sucks why even bother with the Gigabit service? http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/4316...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

whats more concerning is they are charging the same price...

Download is great but people are begging for upload these days with game streaming, cloud storage and working from home.  Upload speeds in canada are darn near third world still.

Totally agree..... We are way behind South Korea, who have highest average than any country and fair price. My relatives in Sweden and Japan have FTTH and pay much lower for 1Gbps service then us. Even friends in Greece pay MUCH lower for 50Mbps and Wireless then us Canucks....with their economy? That's what happens when you have our CRTC and no competition. We just have to keep on smiling and hoping it gets better.Smiley Very Happy     

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Over priced Internet and Overpriced Wireless, welcome to Canada

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so the rogers cap for upload on 1gig profile is 30mbps now huh lol

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am pretty sure they will make it higher as soon as they deploy D3.1 for the upstream.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Jeffj wrote:

whats more concerning is they are charging the same price...

Download is great but people are begging for upload these days with game streaming, cloud storage and working from home.  Upload speeds in canada are darn near third world still.

Didn't gigabit used to cost $170? I know that it was more expensive than $145, which is the current price.

I Plan to Stick Around

@AccordXTC wrote:

Figures they change the speeds to uploads I could never pass which was 30Mbps. I'm sure next Gigabit package will drop down to 600-700Mbps package as most don't get those speeds ether.

What a joke they post this and don't even tell existing customers!

Several people here get 940/50 pretty regularly. I think it depends on your area.

Not that it's any different than DSL, and Bell and Rogers have been advertising "up to" speeds for a decade.

I Plan to Stick Around

Was there ever a solution to the: "DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option" event in the DOCSIS log? I've been getting them daily after the switch to IPv6

I Plan to Stick Around

@Jeffj wrote:

Actually, Canada ranks amongst the highest upload speeds, at least based on what I could find...

Average upload speeds by country, in mbps:

Denmark46.08Sept '16
US18.88June '16
Finland15.38June '16
Canada11.04June '16
Mexico11.03June '16
UK9.13Sept '16
Germany8.43Sept '16
Brazil6.08June '16
Turkey3.82Sept '16
Belize3.34 
Nicaragua2.44 
Argentina2.13 
Peru1.83

June '16

Keep in mind, that 10mbit upstream is 4.5GB/hour and 108GB/day.  There are very few people that need more than that, even for cloud backup and storage and work access.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hi-tek wrote:

I've never really had any speed issues since I got the gigabit service install, usually 700Mbps-950MBps download to servers all across NA and Europe and uploads capped around 33Mbps with a bit of drop off on that to further locations. The odd time I would notice some congestion-like issues around prime time but I can live with that as it was never really that bad.

Since the firmware updated to .24 I've been having some issues with the wireless connections and missing a lot of docsis channels.

When I was on .19 I did notice channels 22 and 23 were missing the odd time, I'd also have issues getting ethernet ports able to access the modem after a reboot/reset while the wireless devices would be connected and able to use the internet.

Here is the current information from the DOCSIS WAN page: http://pastebin.com/TrQMWjNY

I'm using the original CODA-4582 as the gateway with three of the ethernet ports populated, two desktops at 1000mbit and my obi VOIP adapter connects at 100mbit.

The rest of the devices in the house connect via wireless, 2.4ghz and 5ghz, nothing faster than N afaik and I never really use them so I don't tend to notice any issues.

I'm going to try and get one of the newer modems with the black dots soon but I just thought I'd make a post and add a bit more data to the thread and to the people working on these issues.

@hi-tek swap the modem since you are missing channels, your original batch modem suffers from the interference issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bhaskarp your SNR levels look a little low, I like to see 38 as a minimum, most likely there is noise on the line causing issues. Call Tech support and see what they say.