CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

@Datalink wrote:

If you have .24 loaded, you should probably only need a modem restart/reboot.  Pull the power, wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  If you log into the modem after the restart, you should see both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses in the upper right hand corner which is the WAN Address.

If you have a previous firmware version loaded, the reboot should probably result in an immediate firmware update, after which you should restart/reboot the modem after its update has completed.

If you have less than 19/20, that most likely means that you have to add an IPV6 exemption to the Windows firewall rules, and possibly to the Antivirus Firewall as well.  

Note that a score of 20/20 is bogus as Rogers does not supply an IPV6 hostname.  The best score that you should see is 19/20.

Tested again 19/20 oh well lol 

I Plan to Stick Around

My ICMP is filtered...What do I do?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Datalink - I tried the factory reset and it is showing both IPV4 and 6 addresses in the upper right, however I still have ICMP as "filtered" under the IPV6 test. Any ideas?
I Plan to Stick Around

@MegnaGaming@Datalink Same here

I Plan to Stick Around

I should also note that my IPV6 Firewall settings are below:

https://i.gyazo.com/11746032e8728751ff0fd39235021bfc.png

As you can see - ICMP is allowed.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MegnaGaming@prateeck7, go into your Windows Firewall rules and add an exemption for IPV6 ICMP only.  Don't do this for IPV4.  When the exemption has been added, reboot the pc. 

There is a previous post on this subject somewhere in the forum.  Just can't find it at the moment.

I Plan to Stick Around

in an elevated command prompt or power shell:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="All ICMP V6" dir=in action=allow protocol=icmpv6

Should work to add the rule.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

I guess at this point I don't need to announce it but yes we have re-enabled IPv6 on the CODA-4582 and at the same time enabled update on boot to firmware 2.0.10.24.

This means that any new modem coming online will automatically get the new firmware. If you are on an old firmware, all you need to do is reboot your modem and your modem will get the upgrade.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Should I allow all ICMP types? I'm using https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc972926(v=ws.10).aspx as a guide for setting this up.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink@JeffjThank you. It helped.

For some reason, 'like' function is not working in Rogers Community for me.