CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA-4582 - Open Issues for Investigation

After 12 days of running pretty flawless on the .19 version, the streak ended tonight. Really weird issue just started around 8pm tonight. Thought it was an area outage but not this time.

1-2 mins on, 1-2 mins off. Did a reboot and also did a factory reset as I was on the phone with tech support. They could not connect to the modem at all to do a diagnostic.

Have to go exchange for a black dot version of the CODA modem tomorrow.

I'm a Regular

@RogersDave its saturday at 10;50 and getting horrible upload and jitter on firmware .20 here is a image taken this test was done being hardwiredUntitledogers speed test.pngUntitledogers speed test.png

I'm Here A Lot

Gigabit plan (1000/50) 

2.0.10.13 = average180/30 

2.0.10.19 = average 260/45

(updated to .19 just after midnight so within about 12 hours of using new black-dot CODA unit)

It's heading in the right direction.

CODA 4582 Firmware 2.0.10.19.jpg

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/9323688

9323688.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone having speed degradation issues in .20? Speeds are superb normally, but near the 20-24hr mark, the speeds drop to something unusable (can't even get youtube videos to load). A reboot fixes the problem. I didn't have this issue before in .19 . CODA is in bridge mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ghost1001 wrote:

Anyone having speed degradation issues in .20? Speeds are superb normally, but near the 20-24hr mark, the speeds drop to something unusable (can't even get youtube videos to load). A reboot fixes the problem. I didn't have this issue before in .19 . CODA is in bridge mode.

Yep, this is a known issue -- in my case, it pre-dates .19, I have had it on .13.

I've been in direct communication with Hitron, though I'm just a Rogers customer, and right now the latest tactic we have is to try and reproduce it on different firmware/modems at the same time, and to test the additional-shielding black dot modems with the issue.

I can report back only that it seems no matter what I try, the issue comes back after 6-24 hours, and that Hitron is looking into it and everybody involved, both Rogers and Hitron, takes this issue seriously even if they aren't yet sure of a cause/fix.

I'm a Regular

@RogersDave @Datalink my coda modem is not working wifi even wired just logged in modem docsis even and it looks like my modem has rebooted 2 hours ago getting somethings with B-Init-rng failure there are 10 of those and 10 of no ranging response just got this modem and really getting Anoying ,
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

since going to the black dot, most of my issues are now resolved. Only issue is the full gigabit speeds and ipv6 I care about.  However at this level it is acceptable. Since knowing IPV6 is very close and gigabit speeds should improve as rogers upgrades the area. (prob area doesn't support full speeds) i'm used to that even bell sucks here. 700megs isnt bad either so can't complain.

I Plan to Stick Around

@arrago wrote:

since going to the black dot, most of my issues are now resolved. Only issue is the full gigabit speeds and ipv6 I care about.  However at this level it is acceptable. Since knowing IPV6 is very close and gigabit speeds should improve as rogers upgrades the area. (prob area doesn't support full speeds) i'm used to that even bell sucks here. 700megs isnt bad either so can't complain.

@arrago - To give you a bit of hope, 700 Mbps speed is common on devices that cannot support full gigabit ethernet -- this includes some USB 3 ethernet adapters and some built-in ports on laptops. On some of my computers, the Internet tops out at 700 Mbps when wired, on others I'll hit 920-960 Mbps when directly wired. When wireless, it depends on how close you are to the wifi, on 5 GHz, I regularly get 480-650 Mbps on an OnHub. I would basically assume that when you're seeing 700 Mbps, it's gigabit. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got the new black dot modem, running .19. Put it in bridge mode. As soon as I did, I lost all internet access due to my modem not issuing my router an IP. Rogers Tech Support maintains that it is an issue with my router...Dave, will there be an update to fix this (my old modem was on .20)?

Running in gateway mode for now. Router is a NETGEAR R7000.

I Plan to Stick Around

@asharahmed - Check the first post in this thread, where @RogersDave writes:

Issues getting an IP in bridge mode
We have been able to reproduce this on D-Link routers. It is an bug in the D-Link firmware (DD-WRT doesn’t have the bug) but we are looking at ways to mitigate it from the modem side.

If this issue occurs routers other than D-Link, let me know as I’ll need to investigate further.

Also reported but not tested on: TPLink C2600 and Netgear WNR2000v5

Update Jan 10: A problem was identified in the way D-Link routers are executing a DHCP request and a workaround is being put in place. The fix will likely address the TP-Link case as well. This fix will be included in firmware 2.0.10.21.