CODA-4582 Modem & DOCSIS 3.1 in North York area

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA-4582 Modem & DOCSIS 3.1 in North York area

@tony2tran91

Your signal levels are within spec, they're not the greatest, but they aren't bad enough to be causing your issue. It seems a few people in North York on DOSCIS 3.1 are experiencing issues, so it seems like a location/CMTS/Node issue to me. If you are able to swap back to a 3552 I would try that, but that would only be a band aid fix as 3.1 is the future. I would call Rogers and report the issue to them, hopefully they do maintenance to North York 3.1 CMTS/Node and correct the issue.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey @tony2tran91 sorry to you hear the CODA-4582 isn't performing as good you and I thought it would. As @gp-se noted, your signal levels are within spec and shouldn't be causing your issue. It could be due to a congested node on the upload which could be causing an increase in ping as you have noted.

However, what surprises me is how the CGNM-3552 is able to get better ping times than the CODA-4582. That certainly shouldn't have been the case. I suggest calling into your nearest Rogers store and see if they still have any CGNM-3552's in stock and if so, they will be happy to replace it. 

I'm a Regular

It's kind of weird both of us are having the exact same issues when on the cgnm 3552 ping are better then the coda and I'm also from North York , could it be the 3.1 in area is not working well yet or there is some sort of glitch or issue and should be looked at by rogers.
I'm Here A Lot

@lethalsniper @RyzenFX @gp-se Called Rogers on Monday night.  They did some tests and found nothing wrong and opened a ticket for their engineers to look into. Shortly after my call, was playing some Battlefield 1 and my ping times were back to normal. Some games I was getting 10-40ms ping. Not sure what they did, but looks like I will be sticking with the CODA modem. I didn't notice any lag or stutters when playing on 64 player servers yesterday...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tony2tran91

Glad to hear everything worked out.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi;

I would like to share my bad experience with CODA-4582 Modem. As soon as we have switched the old Rocket to this Coda, Signal inside Modem started to be unstable. Like when you disconnect the Coax cable from the Modem and Connect it, then Wire Test Speedtest.net, you will get around 50-60 and sometimes 70MB/S, although our plan was Ignite 100. After less than 5 mins the speed is degraded to around 3MB/s and will stay like this.

I Called Rogers and as of today I had THREE different Technician arrived, and each replaced the CODA but the problem still there. Not only this but each have changed the Coax Cable Splitter (Not Sure Why) and finally the situation is very miserable. I disconnected the Coax and Connected it once again to the Modem, same situation happened high speed (50-60) and then after little time degraded to around 3-4MB/s.

Any Idea what could be wrong? I susbect the overall Coax Splitters but Rogers Tech over the phone stated Signal is CLEAR??????

Thanks

Any Suggestions

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OSB wrote:

Hi;

I would like to share my bad experience with CODA-4582 Modem. As soon as we have switched the old Rocket to this Coda, Signal inside Modem started to be unstable. Like when you disconnect the Coax cable from the Modem and Connect it, then Wire Test Speedtest.net, you will get around 50-60 and sometimes 70MB/S, although our plan was Ignite 100. After less than 5 mins the speed is degraded to around 3MB/s and will stay like this.

I Called Rogers and as of today I had THREE different Technician arrived, and each replaced the CODA but the problem still there. Not only this but each have changed the Coax Cable Splitter (Not Sure Why) and finally the situation is very miserable. I disconnected the Coax and Connected it once again to the Modem, same situation happened high speed (50-60) and then after little time degraded to around 3-4MB/s.

Any Idea what could be wrong? I susbect the overall Coax Splitters but Rogers Tech over the phone stated Signal is CLEAR??????

Thanks

Any Suggestions

@OSB

Log into the modem, goto the DOCSIS WAN Page, in there copy and paste the signal levels. 

Also Copy and Paste the DOCSIS LOGS.

The new CODA Modem uses DOCSIS 3.1, the old Rocket Modem uses DOCSIS 3.0, so it could be a DOCSIS 3.1 issue on your NODE/CMTS.

If you end up getting another tech to come out, tell them you want a Senior tech as you've already had 3 techs out and the issue still persists.