cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA-4582 IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared

ianafamily
I've been here awhile

I have a CODA-4582 modem, running Dual Router mode and have been using manual IPv4 and IPv6 DNS entries for a while now.  I noticed sometime in the past week or two that my modem no longer shows IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2, only IPv4 DNS1 and DNS2.  

I've rebooted the modem several times.  I've also toggled it from Dual mode to IPv4 and then back to Dual.

Even turned off the modem completely for a minute or two before starting it back up.  But so far no luck in getting the IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 options to reappear.

I'm running hardware version 1A and software version 7.1.1.32

***Added Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: CODA-4582 IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared

@PhilipH just to note, using DNS over HTTPS (DoH) or DNS over TLS (DoT) can circumvent parental / DNS filtering that is currently in use in many modems or routers.  While I agree with the use of encrypted DNS requests, anyone who has parental filtering or DNS filtering in use, has to be aware of users on the network who might be running DoH or DoT, circumventing the purpose of DNS filtering.  That applies to anyone and everyone, from parents to corporate organizations.

Just to note, some routers have enforcement selections to prevent the use of DoH or DoT.

Here's an online reference article, one of many that point out the issue:

https://www.pcwrt.com/2020/10/does-your-parental-control-pass-the-doh-test/

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation