cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA-4582 IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared

ianafamily
I've been here awhile

I have a CODA-4582 modem, running Dual Router mode and have been using manual IPv4 and IPv6 DNS entries for a while now.  I noticed sometime in the past week or two that my modem no longer shows IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2, only IPv4 DNS1 and DNS2.  

I've rebooted the modem several times.  I've also toggled it from Dual mode to IPv4 and then back to Dual.

Even turned off the modem completely for a minute or two before starting it back up.  But so far no luck in getting the IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 options to reappear.

I'm running hardware version 1A and software version 7.1.1.32

***Added Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: CODA-4582 IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared

RogersCorey

Hello @ianafamily!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear that your previous setup is no longer working. Please do keep in mind that we only officially support the automatic DNS settings which use our DNS servers.

Have you tried factory resetting your modem yet to see if this setting reappears?

Regards,

RoersCorey

ianafamily
I've been here awhile

I will that a try tonight. I will do another powercycle first then back up modem settings then do a factory reset.

Part of me is wondering whether IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared when the firmware got upgraded to 7.1.1.32 from 7.1.1.30.  Not exactly sure when the upgrade occurred but I can see in the forum that it was being rolled out within the past month and a bit.

Sounds good!

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

RogersCorey

PhilipH
I plan to stick around
I can attest the same. Setting custom IPv6 DNS settings have disappeared in the DNS settings of the modem after the recent firmware upgrade.

I also see other people are having this issue in other threads after upgrading to 7.1.1.32.

See screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/2bSry8C

kishanpatel12
I've been here awhile

Hello, how would I add an IPv6 DNS address in the coda-4582 modem? The option was there before but recently, there was a firmware update and the option has disappeared. I tried entering the ipv6 address in the dns2 field but it gives me a format error.

ianafamily
I've been here awhile

Did a factory reset and IPv6 DNS settings are still not there.

Leads me to believe it has to do with the latest firmware that was pushed.

ianafamily
I've been here awhile

Any explanation as to why IPv6 DNS options were removed on the recent firmware update? And whether there is discussion on re-enabling that functionality?

@ianafamily make your opinions known to @RogersIan about the missing IPV6 DNS addresses.   The same issue occurred when the 4852 IPV6 functionality was enabled, no IPV6 firewall and no IPV6 DNS capability.  Customers complained rather loudly and voila, like magic, they finally arrived, only for the IPV6 DNS addresses to be lost once again with the release of 7.x which is a new kernel.  Not sure about the IPV6 firewall at this point.  So, time for customers to make their opinions known .......

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

We have raised the issue to our vendor.

Thank you for bringing it our attention.

Will let you know what we get back.

RogersIan

pihole
I've been around

I'm also interested in the resolution of this.

Ashvin12
I've been here awhile
Any update to this?

Greetings @Ashvin12!

Welcome to our Community!

I do not have any updates to share about this as of yet.

Please stay tuned!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thought i was going crazy. Good to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

Ipv6 manual DNS = gone. Dissappeared with current firmware..

jun0123
I've been around

same issue here. When can we expect it being fixed?

Ashvin12
I've been here awhile
Been another 2 months. Is there anyway you can contact the manufacturer and confirm if it will be fixed in next firmware update? Can you try to get an ETA please?

Good afternoon @Ashvin12,

We do not have any updates as of now. We'll update the Community when new information becomes available!

Thank you for your patience and understanding :).

RogersZia

lusky3
I've been here awhile

Would really like an update on this. @RogersIan

I've been patiently watching this thread, and forcing IPv4, but I will have to cancel my service if this setting does not return soon. Removing this setting amounts to removing my privacy as I have no control who sees my lookups now.

I shouldn't have to jump through hoops by manually configuring each of my devices, or setup my own DHCP/DNS router, for such a basic function.

Ashvin12
I've been here awhile

Any updates to this? Im sure there are quite a few people that are still on the CODA modem that will benefit from this feature that disappeared. 

PhilipH
I plan to stick around

I have long given up on using the router portion of Rogers modems as they get progressively worse and I have installed my own router. On top of that I have started using DNS over HTTPS (DoH) for added security and I would suggest everyone to do it. That feature is natively supported in Firefox, Chrome and Windows 11. In my case I have configured PiHole on my network so every single device is benefiting from it even if not natively supported (e.g. iOS, Xbox, Playstations, Android TV)

@Ashvin12 the ability to select/enter user selected IPV6 DNS addresses is present in firmware version 7.2.4.1.4b15 which should probably be the next network wide update for the CODA-4582 modem.  I don't know if the same situation exists for the CGN3 modems. 

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation