CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

I have the same problem.  I just swapped my old router for a CODA 4582 and I set up a password protected guest account.  Some devices are able to connect. Others show a message "only allow DHCP client to access".  The message appears for several seconds then disappears.  Trying again to connect gives the same result. Research indicates this to be a widespread problem that has been around for a few years with these routers and that a firmware update has been in development for the better part of a year now with no solution.

Frustrating! I've always used the guest account as a way to control my kids internet access.  It allows me to keep the rest of the house connected while I can shut their devices down when I  need to by simply logging in to the router and turning it off.  It's more effective than other parental controls that I've tried since my kids tend to find ways around those.

Highlighted

Hey @TBliss!

I know it's a frustrating issue. Thank you and all others experiencing this issue for your patience. At this time there's no updates available but we'll keep the community posted should anything new come to light.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same issue. Every time after unplug the power to restart the modem, the Guest WiFi works, then few hours later when I connect to it, no need to log in, it seems connected, but no internet.
The issue was gone for about 3 weeks, but happened again this week.

I’m every disappointed at Rogers and consider it’s a such big, well known company, having this issue for years and still can’t fix it properly.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, just wondering if the new firmware referenced in June has been provided yet?

Thanks,

Highlighted

Hello @garyfigueira and welcome to the Community!

You can view all pertinent information about available firmware in this post

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I want to ask again and make it very simple: "guest wifi" function simply does NOT work now for CODA 4582 on 2.0.10.36T6 firmware. Workarounds are not really acceptable - "guests" are not able to dance around with multiple steps.  

Si, is it going to be fixed in the latest release 7.1.1.30? 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is the firmware update available and how to update the firmware on my router/modem?