CGNM3552 DHCP Reservation Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

CGNM3552 DHCP Reservation Issue

Hello Everyone,

I'm having issue with my newly installed Hitron cgnm3552 DHCP reservation.

1. It wont save client name = it show 0 only = i know i typed name there

2. The mac # already assigned to IP, but it gives another IP to the same mac #one.pngtwo.pngthree.pngThanks for anyone that can help me!!!!

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: CGNM3552 DHCP Reservation Issue

Hello, @fyler2013

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your issue in the Community. The images you have posted contain MAC addresses and Public IP henceforth can't be displayed for security and privacy reasons. 

I'm assuming most likely the modem is assigning the IPv6 address for the devices that supports it. Is there a specific reason you are trying to reserve the IPs? You can also set the static IP at the device level. 

@Community - please chime in with your expertise, thank you all.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

I prefer modem reservation because I need to manage all device, each individual PC having different time schedule. I cannot use device PC coz they can change it,
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fyler2013, since I haven't seen the images, are you trying to assign an IPV4 or IPV6 address to the devices?  The IPV4 assignment should work.  I actually don't know if an IPV6 address can be assigned.  At this point I don't believe so, but I might be wrong on this one.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm sorry I don't know what you meant IPV4 or IPV6 at device level, but what I'm trying to do is assign the individual pc there own IP address by setting the router/modem to give individual PC's  specific IP address based on there Mac#.

As far as know CGNM3552 has this features which is DCHC reserve (which I'm currently using on my TP-Link) to control there access to the internet. I do not want to use on the device level because each pc can asssign there IP .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, understand.  An IPV4 address is the usual 192.168.100.1 type of format.  The IPV6 address is something like 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334.  

You indicated something interesting, in that you were trying to assign individual addresses in the modem, as you do now with the TP-Link router.  Can you confirm for me that you have one of the following configurations:

a.  the modem is running in Gateway mode with the router connected and running in Access Point mode.  The DHCP would be disabled in the router.  The modem, with its DHCP would be assigning IP addresses to each device in the network, both thru automatic and manual assignment in the DHCP reservation function.  

b.  the modem is running in Gateway mode without any router connected.  The modem, with its DHCP would be assigning IP addresses to each device in the network, both thru automatic and manual assignment in the DHCP reservation function.  

c.  the modem is running in Bridge mode with the router connected and running in full Router mode.  The DHCP would be running in the router, assigning IP addresses by automatic and manual assignment.  The modem, in Bridge mode has no DHCP capabilities.

Are you trying to pull the router from the network and only use the modem? 

I'm Here A Lot

Im trying to setup the modem/router and 4computer and other android device. The rogers modem/router as main all pc's / device will connect directly and wireless. I want the router/modem to assign IP to individual device based on there mac#, which I can't do it now??

My setup before with my tplink is my router will give devise specific IP based on MAC#, now I'm trying it with CGNM which I can't.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, so, modem only?  The TP-Link router is pulled from the network and is no longer running?  

When you assign specific addresses using the modem's DHCP Reservation function, you might find that the modem is pretty picky compared to other modems or routers.  You might have to ensure that the address that you want to use isn't already in use by another device.  Its possible that the modem might be rejecting that IP address as its already in use, just speculating here.  

I'm Here A Lot

Yes NO tp-link

Only CGNM Router Modem

I'm pretty sure IP add is not being used because every thing is not connected yet except the PC im using to set-up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ah, ok, in that case, connect everything to the modem first.  The Connected computers list at the bottom of the BASIC .... LAN Setup page should show the connected devices.  When everything is connected to the modem, run the DHCP Reservations and enter the IP addresses that you want to use for the various devices.  Save the data and then reboot the modem using the ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot function.  After the modem reboot, you can go back in to recheck the assigned IP addresses.  You might need to reboot the individual devices, but, they should simply be assigned the assigned IP addresses as the modem reboots.