CGNM-3552 login issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CGNM-3552 login issues

I had to replace my previous Hitron modem and Rogers store gave me this modem 3553. I have noticed that it starts rejecting login to admin pager  4 or 5 days after reboot. It still works fine but I cannot login to admin page anymore. It stops loading the signon page.

Anyone else having same issue? 

Secondly, 5G range is very poor.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: CGNM-3552 login issues

Hey @rookie8155,

I've come across customers experiencing similar issues, but never the short time span you are. From my experience it sometimes locks up and is in need of a power cycle after a few weeks, but never a few days.

Can you verify which firmware your modem is currently running on? It may be in need of an update.

If anyone else in the Community is reporting a similar issue, please feel free to chime in.

Look forward to your response.

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your reply. Hardware version is 1A.
Software version is: 4.5.8.19
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How  long ago did you get the modem?

It should by 72 hours after install, upgrade to the .21 (or is it .22?) firmware.

As well, there is a BETA firmware (check out the thread on these forms re: it) which may fix this and other issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think I got this modem in late August. I have sent PM to the moderator to include me for the beta formware updates. So hopefully, I should get formware update very soon. 5G range is pathatic. My modem/router is on the ground floor but at the back of the home and I don't get signal in the front room on the second floor.

I Plan to Stick Around

Today, I checked again and noticed that my modem/router got locked on 4th day after reboot.