CGNM-3552 factory reset does not turn gateway mode back on

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

CGNM-3552 factory reset does not turn gateway mode back on

Hi,

I turn off gateway mode of my modem to see if speed improved using a separate router. It didn't, and I would like to return the modem to gateway mode. Rogers instructions say to hold the reset button down for 10 seconds. I have done this multiple times, but it stays in bridge mode.

Advice?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CGNM-3552 factory reset does not turn gateway mode back on

The instructions are incorrect.  

To run a Factory Reset, hold down the reset button for at least thirty seconds and then release it.  The modem will reset and then reboot into Gateway mode.  

Or, log into the modem thru the router, using 192.168.100.1 to access the modem's log in page.  Then, after logging into the modem, navigate to  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET, and select the Factory reset function.

Or, to return the modem to Gateway function, when the modem is in Bridge mode and with a direct ethernet connection to the modem, log into the modem using 192.168.100.1 to access the log in page.  Then, after logging into the modem, navigate to BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION, and Enable the Residential Gateway Function.  The modem will reboot back into Gateway mode with all of its previous settings intact, so you won't have to reset them.  

With the modem in Bridge mode and with a router connected to the modem and a pc or laptop connected to the router, use the same 192.168.100.1 address to log into the modem thru the router and Enable the Residential Gateway Function to reboot into Gateway mode with the previous settings intact.  While the the reboot in underway, connect the pc or laptop directly to the modem, or, flip the operating mode of the router to Access Point mode only so that the modem runs the DHCP for the network.