CGN3ACSMR bridge issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CGN3ACSMR bridge issue

Yup same here, radios off first, set to bridge mode, 2.4 GHZ light on with a little flash every 4-5 seconds. I did an e-chat last week with Rogers on this issue that they said they are aware of it, that it's a display bug only ( radio is indeed off) and it "should" be addressed is the next firmware push.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman 

@rogers

this bug need to be fix ASAP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've Been Here Awhile

just got firmware pushed (no warning) and got same problem.

did search foprum for bridge wifi and stop after few other topic and create a new one.

2.4 is not flashing but goes on/off from time to time.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Eric, what is version nmuber of the frmware you just got pushed. I am still on 4.5.8.16

I Plan to Stick Around

why rogers havent do anything ?

this bug discover for a while.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because it is not JUST rogers that does the firmware.  Its something which needs to be be done in conjunstion with HITRON and Rogers together.

It is also a MINOR bug.  Its visual only (the wireless IS off), so its probably not a high priority fix.

I Plan to Stick Around

i am having the exact same issue.

i made sure to disable 2.4 and 5ghz radios and press save and waited for save to be confirmed.

then i disabled all gateway functions and the  unit rebooted itself.

i see no SSID broadcasting but the 2.4 light remains ON while in bridged mode.

strange.

I'm Here A Lot

I have the Hitron CGN3ACSMR modem/router. I set it up in Bridge mode, as per the instructions online: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/home-networking/247?setLanguage=en

The router it's connected to is a Belkin N600DB wireless router. 

Approximately once every 24 hours, you can ALMOST set your clock to when it'll happen, the internet will stop working. The message on the Belkin will say it's a connection issue with the Hitron. The Belkin typically has a blue light, and when it goes down the light turns orange. They're both plugged into the same extension cord, and the solution is to unplug the cord, powering off both Belkin and Hitron, and plugging it back in. 

Interestingly, if we're away from home, the connection doesn't seem to drop. We travel a lot on the weekends, and when we come back home the blue light is still on on the Belkin. 

I think it's SOMEHOW related to actually using the internet, but I'm not sure what would cause it. 

It's more of a minor annoyance than anything, but I'd love to fix it. When the internet is working I've got no complaints. Everything is great, speed is great. It's just that dropping connection that drives me crazy. 

Any thoughts on what would cause this and how I could fix it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Without unplugging anything when the connection drops plug another Ethernet cable into the back of the Rogers modem. If that computer connected directly to the modem can still browse the Internet then the problem is our belkin. If it cannot browse then I would swap the modem at a Rogers store. Just remember when this happens don't unplug anything to test