*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

So it's been quite a few days now and my modem has been working fine but just the other day i tried to turn on my wifi 2.4ghz the light comes on but it does not broadcast i tried to restart the modem and by default the wifi lights turn on 2.4ghz and 5ghz but there is no broadcast happening so as of now i tested again today and turning on the wifi 2.4ghz turns on the 2.4ghz lights but does not broadcast the wifi signal at all this is the same for 5ghz also.

So i'm not sure what has happned here but the modem does not broadcast wifi at all i'm not sure if this is firmware related.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried a factory reset by holding down the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and then releasing it.  Of course its a pain to reset everything, but, if you do that and get it running the way you want it, create a backup file that you can restore the settings with if the modem misbehaves again.  To do that, log into the modem and go to Admin.....Backup, and create a backup file on your pc somewhere that you can use later to restore the settings.

It looks like the modem is not storing the wifi configuration properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

Keep in mind i'm on the beta firmware wont doing a factory reset also reset the firmware back to default?

Also in admin -> Device reset there is a factory reset there also wont that be the samething instead of hitting the buton?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It should set it back to the default settings which will be the beta firmware settings.  I can't imagine a device like this having two sets of firmware loads available like some advanced motherboards do.  If that was the case,you would have a means of selecting either one.  Yep, the ADMIN...DEVICE RESET.....Factory Reset button will do the same.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok i'll give it a try and report back thanks for your help

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so reporting back  did the factory reset it fixed the problem the modem did have a hard time connecting with the downstream idk why my signal is fine so i just let it sit then it connected wifi is working great also made a backup.

Just one thing i noticed Guest SSID and it's wifi page seems to be missing i cannot find it anywhere under status says it's turned off but cant find the page to change settings?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The guest network, is ONLY able to set up via the USB setup key (which screws up other things sometimes).

I beleive calling in and rogers reps can set it as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

^^ SMR (as well as the regular ACR) boxes don't get usb sticks issued anymore (actually the ACR is no longer avaliable at all, only the SMR version). When I first received a used Advanced modem it did have a stick with some CISCO software on it. I tried it but it never worked as intended, so I just used the build-in interface. All other modems that I tried (all of them were new in hitron-branded boxes) had no USB sticks of any kind.

As of the new firmware, I've been running it for a few days now. I don't play LOL but other online games see no real improvement ping-wise, it's still 10-25ms more than what I had with my CISCO modem before switching to 100u. In fact sometimes it's even worse than what I had with ACR a week before. Maybe it's the node I'm connected to, or maybe it's overall network issues as we had a network outage a week ago and it still slow, the upload speed is worse than dial-up today actually. So I'm not sure what is to blame atm.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you log into your modem, navigate to the STATUS.....DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a new thread so that I can check them.  Title the thread   CGN3ACSMR Signal Level Check   or something to that effect.  Those tables contain the RG-6 signal levels and signal to noise ratios which might be of some interest given your comments.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The firmware update we are getting is beta correct? Will Rogers push the final version out once it's ready, or is this the final version?