*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

@roofed

I noticed that as well when I rebooted the ACSMR - ie when I first set it up, I turned Wi-Fi off and just had it connect to my ASUS router, because at that point i didn't have time for testing. When the system rebooted after the firmware update, I noticed the Wi-Fi on again (both bands). This may be attributed to the same bug I had posted about earlier, but Rogers said that is fixed in the next update. Anyways , the modem is still working decently for me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah the modem is working perfect just by simply doing a power cycle the modem forgets it's settings i wonder does this happen in bridge mode also? Well if they fixed it then they should push the next firmware update to fix this problem.

This is on 4.5.8.16

I'm a Regular

Yeah I wonder... I haven't used bridge mode in a while so maybe someone else can test that. Agreed - Rogers mods/REs can one of you comment on when the next FW will be out? This one is an awesome start but it would be great to see a mass release of a more stable one soon. Cheers

Hello @jackthecompguy and All,

Thank you all for liking the current beta release of the firmware, we will definitely announce the next release as it becomes available, we are grateful for your patience!Smiley Happy

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

My issues with league of legends seem to be fixed.  Thanks for the help 🙂

I've Been Around

I got the newest firmware pushed by "community help" and "Datalink". Thank for both of them!

I am actually not playing LOL, but BF4 and Crossfire. I got "hack tool found" error during the Crossfire gaming.

the old firmware was 4.4.8.13

the newest firmware fixed the problem, and now I can enjoy the games! thank you!

I'm Here A Lot

This may be slightly off topic but does anyone know if this update fixes the NAT issues this modem causes on PS4?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, unfortunately it doesn't.  I have raised the issue but haven't seen any response as of yet.  It looks like the solution for the PS4 is to downgrade to a CGN3.  But, you would lose the wifi 802.11ac capability, and you could end up with issues on the 2.4 Ghz network as well, depending on what devices you use on that network.  Have a look at the post #43 by @aries on the following page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2184...

On paper, if you run a 2.4 Ghz network and rely on that network, the modem of choice should be the CGN3ACSMR, and here is why.

The CGN3 does not support mixed 20 Mhz / 40 Mhz wide bandwidth devices on its 2.4 Ghz networks. We have run into this before on the forum. To run higher data rates, routers and devices use channel bonding on 2.4 Ghz networks to run two 20 Mhz wide channels together and push more data. Most but not all routers support mixed environments where you have some devices that can do that and some that can't. The CGN3 does not support a mixed environment and it will throttle down to the slowest device on the network.  So if that happens to be a single channel device, then your dual channel laptops and tablets will only be able to use a single channel and as a result will appear to be running slower than what you would expect.  Laptops are typically dual antenna, dual data stream devices.  Other devices, including cell-phone and USB wifi dongles may only have a single antenna, therefore only support a single data stream. The CGN3 will lock down to single antenna, single data stream data rates if there happens to be a single antenna device operating on the network. Also note, the CGN3 is not certified for concurrent 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. It is only listed as switchable on the Wifi Alliance certificate.

I'm Here A Lot

For WiFi we use an ASUS RT-N66U so if I switch to the CGN3 I believe I should be fine. One more question though, am I better off putting the CGN3 in bridged mode and letting the ASUS do the DHCP, DMZ, Port Forwarding, etc. or should I leave the CGN3 in gateway mode and put the ASUS into Access Point mode?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No matter what, unless of course you want to use the 802.11ac on the Hitron CGN3ACSMR, you're better off bridging the modem and using the Asus router in full router mode. 

1.  Do you run the CGN3ACSMR in bridge mode now?  If not, can you try an experiment first.  Place it in Bridge mode and set the Asus router to run in full router mode.  Try the PS4 and see what happens.  If it works as it should, great, you will have saved a trip to the store.

2.  If #1 is successful, and more importantly, if it doesn't work, pm your modem Mac address and Cable Account Reference number to @CommunityHelps and ask for the firmware update for your modem.  Once that has been downloaded, modem bridged and router set to full router mode, run the PS4 again and see how that turns out.  If that works, that at least will confirm that the configuration of updated modem in bridge mode, with a follow-on router will work for PS4s.  

3.  If that is a no go, then exchange the modem for a CGN3.

If you pm your details today, @CommunityHelps should be able to have the firmware pushed out to your modem hopefully by the end of the upcoming evening.  Have a look at the first post in this thread for the details.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

When you set the modem to run in bridge mode, the best thing to do with the router is a complete reset, so that you are starting with  a clean slate in terms of the router settings.

Have a look at post #57 of the following thread by @Dragus   It looks like the updated firmware will allow the PS4 to operate correctly with the modem running in Bridge mode.  This was just posted.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/258...